Dead 7.3

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dealers have NO integrity <much less morals>...i
dont know how those guys sleep at night !

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score

RIGHT ON BP, Right On.

Last week: 7.3 with a lack of power, CEL on. Local Big Box dealer said he needed a new turbo.

Took it to my (small box) dealer. Said he couldn't get to it for a week. Sent him my way.

Over Boost/defuel code. Reset the PCM. Put a Boost Tube in the Actuator (Red) line. No Charge.

(but he'll be back tomorrow for an AIS & BPRV ;):D)

Off Topic, kinda. But On.. about Stealer's :dunno

Last edited:

dpantazis

Reaction score
did you keep up on your coolant additives? you may NOT have a bad head gasket but a perforated cylinder liner from the cavitation of the coolant eroding the cast iron cylinder liner. 7.3's RARELY blow head gaskets. RARELY!

the end result is the same however, a pinhole in the cylinder wall allows pressurization of the coolant.

putting in new liners can be done, but its not cheap and you still have the same worn motor. you still have to pull the motor and strip it down. you are better off getting a SB or LB.

that sux either way.

dp

Last edited:

NJKen

Is a proud new daddy
Reaction score

I'll tell you how they sleep at nite.... On a big pile of money! Money obtained by fleasing the sheep that dont fight back!
Ken

forumpete58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a call from the diesel shop this morning; they tell me I need two new heads. I sure would like to know what the hell the previous owner did to my truck.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I got a call from the diesel shop this morning; they tell me I need two new heads. I sure would like to know what the hell the previous owner did to my truck.

What I'd like to know is how they determined that you kneed both heads replaced. What is wrong with BOTH heads that they BOTH need to be replaced? Usually heads can be resurfaced, new valve seats or valve guides installed. The odds of two heads going at once is extremely remote. About the only thing I can think of requiring replacing a head would be a crack, extreme warp or a piston impacting the combustion chamber.

I suspect they're trying to take you for a ride.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14