diesel strike april 1st-5th-dont buy diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry im alittle late but i heard about a diesel strike starting tomorrow and lasting through the 5th.not sure how many people are doing it,but ive heard alot are.anybody else gonna do it?i filled up tonight,or enough to last 5 days or so,they say if enough do it,the prices may drop,ive heard some trucking companies are doing also.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
I might have to fill er up tonight. If trucking companies get in on it, that might really affect it. Lets all hope the prices drop a little.

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
The people that dont buy durring the strike will buy the same amount of fuel before and after (assuming they participate). I dont think it will work to be honest.

But i tell you what, i will participate, i refuse to buy deisel in the states for the next 4 months :)

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not bought diesel since January. I still have around 104 gallons in the truck, and do not have any plans to drive it in the near future, until April 21st. We don't really need the truck unless we are pulling the 5th wheel, so it sits. I did start it up today to get the fluids moving.
Anyway, we will not be purchasing any diesel between April 1st and 5th.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Sorry I can't participate. I have to buy 35 gallons of diesel when I pick up the wife's van, drive across Pennsylvania, spend two days in Mt. Olive while the new roof is installed, then drive all the way back to Florida via I-81. At least there are lots of Flying J truck stops on the way. If the van gets the same mileage as the truck, I should average 18-20 mpg. But I think with that bubble top I'll get less. And if there is a 4:10 rear end in the thing, I'll have to sell the youngest child into slavery to get back home.

At $4.15 a gallon in Pennsylvania, I figure $155 a fill-up. I'll have to do it at least three and possibly four times to get back from New Jersey. No telling what I will get driving in the mountains. :confused:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
w/out this making the NATIONAL news youll have a TINY amount
of participaction

and trust me the oil companies will continue to sell the japan....the
oil companies can afford to wait for you to buy again on the 5th !

the ones that ill hurt from this would be the retailers who already
paid for whats in their TANKS !

wanna really have an impact...do this EVERY WEEK for months...reduce
the demand and THEN watch the price drop....MAYBE !

a stunt like this could reduce grocery supplies and cause impact
NOT desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58