diesel strike april 1st-5th-dont buy diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
its only price gouging if YOU have to pay

Well I quess it is gouging because I have to pay for the diesel. They all (oil companies) have the same outragously high prices that I haveto pay or my work truck wont move!

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its only price gouging if YOU have to pay

Well I quess it is gouging because I have to pay for the diesel. They all (oil companies) have the same outragously high prices that I haveto pay or my work truck wont move!

so the POINT is you DONT have to pay...i havent bought exxon
products since 98 !

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Sorry but I had to fill up Monday. 310 gallons at $3.89 = $1205.90. Filled up again today- 285 gallons at $3.99 = $1137.15.

Diesel Strike is a waste of time in my opinion.
The people that don't buy during the strike will buy the same amount of fuel before and after.

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
Diesel strike - So easy, even a.....

As I stated in the other thread regarding the "strike", this is a lot of noise about nothing! Why do you even know about this strike? We now have the WWW, and word spreads faster now than ever!

I am a former Owner/Operator, and I assure you, THERE WILL BE VERY LITTLE PARTCIPATION! Most OTR drivers are company drivers, and do not buy their own fuel, so they don't care! Owner/Operators? Only a small percentage of them will strike, but they really don't have a very good grasp of reality.

These strikes have happened MANY times before, and in-spite of what 97powerstroker says, they have NEVER been successful. Those who believe that this will work simply do not have a very thorough understanding of the world economy :CRAZY .

Gasoline and diesel are derived from crude-oil. Crude-oil is a commodity that has a value which is determined by the market. The oil companies do not set the value of the crude oil they purchase. That value is MARKET DRIVEN!!!

Why is nobody asking about the price of GOLD? Have you seen it lately??? Which "Exxon" is driving the price of gold so high? Have you seen the price of silver? Noticed the value of the USDollar dropping??? Exxon again? :dunno

How are you going to strike against the devaluation of the USD? This strike is neanderthal in it's conception. It's so easy a caveman can do it!

Here ya go. Even those in the industry know it won't happen!
Trucker Strike Could Be Just a Rumor - News - MSNBC.com

Last edited:

MONSTERPLOW

Cloud Booster 500HP
Reaction score
As I stated in the other thread regarding the "strike", this is a lot of noise about nothing! Why do you even know about this strike? We now have the WWW, and word spreads faster now than ever!

I am a former Owner/Operator, and I assure you, THERE WILL BE VERY LITTLE PARTCIPATION! Most OTR drivers are company drivers, and do not buy their own fuel, so they don't care! Owner/Operators? Only a small percentage of them will strike, but they really don't have a very good grasp of reality.

These strikes have happened MANY times before, and in-spite of what 97powerstroker says, they have NEVER been successful. Those who believe that this will work simply do not have a very thorough understanding of the world economy :CRAZY .

Gasoline and diesel are derived from crude-oil. Crude-oil is a commodity that has a value which is determined by the market. The oil companies do not set the value of the crude oil they purchase. That value is MARKET DRIVEN!!!

Why is nobody asking about the price of GOLD? Have you seen it lately??? Which "Exxon" is driving the price of gold so high? Have you seen the price of silver? Noticed the value of the USDollar dropping??? Exxon again? :dunno

How are you going to strike against the devaluation of the USD? This strike is neanderthal in it's conception. It's so easy a caveman can do it!

The Dollar is in the shi**er ..........

Which trickles down to S U P P L Y and D E M A N D !

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boycotting Diesel fuel (or anything), for a few days won't do a thing to effect it's price. A given fact.

But it does send a Signal, to every entity involved in this.

If enough Signals are repeatedly sent, sooner or later someone will listen and pay attention ?

I just hope it's not to late. The Trickle down effect has just barely begun.

kenholl

Reaction score
The Dollar is in the shi**er ..........

Which trickles down to S U P P L Y and D E M A N D !

The point is, boycotting a market commodity for a day or two, and expecting it to have an impact, is a pipe-dream. Did you notice how many trucks were on the road yesterday? THERE OBVIOUSLY IS NO STRIKE! There never was going to be! So....A few guys lost a days revenue by parking their trucks, and bought fuel on Wednesday instead of Tuesday. Big whoop...

You won't beat Exxon by boycotting, so you may as well buy some Exxon stock (Symbol: XOM) and make some money from it, rather than parking your big-rig, pouting, and giving up a days revenue. Some of the dummies stayed in hotel$, losing even more money on a cause that never had a chance of succeeding....

The boycott is neanderthal in it's conception. So easy, even a truck-driver could do it! If the world economy was that simple, shouldn't we be boycotting milk, eggs, produce, electricity and such?

MONSTERPLOW

Cloud Booster 500HP
Reaction score
Where and what would you suggest the consumer do? They must do something , besides nothing. Im not an economics major and Im bettin you arent either.

Last edited:

kenholl

Reaction score
Where and what would you suggest the consumer do? They must do something , besides nothing. Im not an economics major and Im bettin you arent either.

This is a story that got picked up by the media because they knew that a lot of people would respond with a knee-jerk. I did not intend to imply that the consumer should do nothing. My point was that a one day boycott by a handfull of OTR-drivers, and a bunch of guys with PSDs would have absolutely no impact, other than making them all feel like they are in a brotherhood!

What should the consumer do? If you had invested (bought stock) in a particular company, and it started declining over a long period of time, what would YOU do? Stay in, whine, and continue to lose $$$? Or leave the pig and go to something that was making money? If they can't afford the market they are in, get out of it until it improves! Buy a compact gasser, or a hybrid!

Exxon and the other oil companies aren't making their billions by gouging you. They are making their record billions on our record use. It's record VOLUME! This planet is using more petroleum than ever in it's history. The USA is using up most of that! The demand is high. OPEC is keeping the supply low, therefore driving up the "bid" (think NYSE) price of a barrell of oil. THAT IS WHAT IS DRIVING THE PRICE UP! Not Exxon....

Buying your fuel on Wednesday instead of Tuesday means absolutely nothing to the global petroleum market.

But...a bunch or OTR drivers think it's so simple that they can intimidate the largest corporation in the world into breaking. Really, how rediculous does THAT sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14