diesel strike april 1st-5th-dont buy diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Oil supply to the market is enough and high oil prices are not due to a shortage of crude but rather it is because of the decrease in the dollar's value, shortage of refinery capacity and some political tensions in the world," OPEC Secretary-General Abdullah al-Badri was quoted as saying by Iran's official IRNA news agency.

Gee, you mean we need to buid refineries to get fuel to the pump?:dizzy

you dont acutally expect this GROUP to point the fingers at themselves
do you....if we were at FULL capacity they wouldnt need to MEET to
DECIDED if they should increase the flow of CRUDE !

OPEC (and others) get off EASIER if they point the finger at US <usa dollar
and political tensions> !

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
Would you do it out of the kindness of your heart?

Or since you are a business man and have such a great savings account :rolleyes: I suppose that means that you have screwed over your customers in order to have personal gain?

No I dont screw my customers. I dont get together and fix prices with others in my field of work. Why are you 2 so supportive of the oil companies?
Why dont you 2 get together and move to the middle east where they like to screw america also!

The fact is if the oil companies would increase production and build more refineries the price would be far less. Think about families who are not as fortunate some could go on vacation again,or spend money on other thing besides fuel. High fuel prices are going to make everything more expensive just wait and see. But no you 2 keep on the side of the rich and fortunate oil companies and screw the hard working american families.;tu;tu;tu

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
No I dont screw my customers.

Bahh!!!!!!!! I dont believe you. You have made a profit so you MUST have screwed somebody over. Plain and simple there is no other way around it!

The fact is if the oil companies would increase production and build more refineries the price would be far less. Think about families who are not as fortunate some could go on vacation again,or spend money on other thing besides fuel. High fuel prices are going to make everything more expensive just wait and see. But no you 2 keep on the side of the rich and fortunate oil companies and screw the hard working american families.;tu;tu;tu

The fact of the matter is that with the current EPA regulations there isnt an oil company in the US that CAN build a refinery. And as far as increasing production goes, do you think that while oil is at an all time high that oil companies are holding back? Good grief man, how is THAT good business? How do you tell the board of trustees

"Yeah, we know our product is at all time highs, but we feel it is prudent to not produce everything we are capable of producing"

Think for just one moment how ridiculous of a business plan that is.

As far as owning energy stock goes? You have the same options to buy as I do, the stuff is a public traded commodity, there is no secret handshake in order to buy. Same goes with owning stock in any of the majors and any of the super independents, these are publicly traded companies, just get on and buy and sell.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But no you 2 keep on the side of the rich and fortunate oil companies and screw the hard working american families.

DANG...YOU & THE IRS are the only ones that i know who THINK IM NOT HARD WORKING...
AND APPARENTLY RICH TOO...fwiw im STILL kicking myself for having NOT invested in OAG
when it was 90 bucks per barrel !

02oilburner -

imagine if you will that your company is profitable do
you HIRE and employ more folks to increase your sales
and <profit potential> ? or do you lay off ?

you ever been to HOUSTON TEXAS ? (what years ?)

Last edited:

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
High fuel prices are going to make everything more expensive just wait and see.

I'll try just one more time, them I'm out!

02Oilburner...I AGREE WITH YOU!!! So PLEASE stop for a second and DO THE MATH!!! You are correct that fuel prices make things more expensive. Unfortunately, THAT'S WHERE YOU STOPPED THINKING! The point is, something also made the fuel prices increase!!!

1. The price of CRUDE OIL is the greatest contributor!
2. Externals like CORN FUTURES impact the price of fuel!
3. Did you read what I posted earlier? I suspect not! If the price of crude oil is $100 a barrel, the cost of the raw material required to produce a gallon of gasoline is $2.38. This figure does not include costs incurred from the refining process, transportation to distribution hubs or wholesalers and delivery to retail locations. That leaves only $1.60 for refinement, transport, distribution, delivery, and taxes!!! PLEASE DO THE MATH!!!
4. The oil companies are making record profits...YES. Those profits are directly related to RECORD VOLUME, not the stupid BIG ($4) NUMBER that you are so focused on.

A businessman would understand what a profit margin is, so PLEASE DON'T DISAPPOINT US BY MISSING THE POINT....AGAIN!!! ;tu ;tu ;tu

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
DANG...YOU & THE IRS are the only ones that i know who THINK IM NOT HARD WORKING...

No not you bushpilot I was talking about Kenholl and stroker. Sorry I wasnt clear.:sorry

And as far as increasing production goes, do you think that while oil is at an all time high that oil companies are holding back?

Yes, the more oil on the market would drive prices down. If they doubled production what would happen to the price of fuel?

Fuel prices are too high and we will all suffer! Im done here!

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And as far as increasing production goes, do you think that while oil is at an all time high that oil companies are holding back?

Yes, the more oil on the market would drive prices down. If they doubled production what would happen to the price of fuel?

they CANT DOUBLE PRODUCTION if the CANT GET THE BASE PRODUCT !

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score

Youre not getting it, they are producing at full tilt, the peddle is on the wood, full steam ahead, balls out, katy bar the door. They couldnt double production if they wanted to. Every hole we have in the ground is pushing max production, they are using unconventional methods for tertiary recovery now on fields that are over 100 years old. They have not been allowed to drill in sensitive areas (ANWR for example), their cost of production has sky rocketed. If the saudis opened the spigot full bore it wouldnt matter, we STILL CANNOT refine it because of the lack of refining capacities, which we have pushed most of our refineries 25% to 50% beyond the original build capacities of 30 years ago.

Fuel prices are too high and we will all suffer! Im done here!

Good idear.;tu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58