Question Different tire recommendations for same size lift?

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the price he said in the vid was for EVERYTHING (new tc, gearing, and transmission rebuild)? My rebuild with the tc was $2200-$2300. So if you go ahead and get it done then you should only spend about a grand on the tc at most and then whatever gearing you would need to go to. And you get to keep the tires and lift.

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I rebuilt my whole trans (it was scorched) plus new billet TC for just over 3000. Would've cost a lot less if I knew how to do it myself :(

NDsuperduty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The $3000 is the rough estimates I have heard for gears, front and back, installed. That is not a job I would want to do myself.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I rebuilt my whole trans (it was scorched) plus new billet TC for just over 3000. Would've cost a lot less if I knew how to do it myself :(

How do you like that ATS tc? I've heard horror stories about them and dealing with the return process. I don't think a truck that could even make enough torque to break a good ATS tc would be street legal...at what?...2000 lbs of tq? Man it makes me sick when I have to make repairs like that....I cry over my wallet

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ATS TC = SWEET. ATS TRANS = EXPENSIVE GARBAGE.

Sorrry. I couldn't help it. I managed to tear up an almost $5000 ATS trans (I distinctly remember expressing my emotion about ATS products a few months back). When we got it took apart, we found out it was nothing more than a a thicker drum, some parts were shaved thinner to squeeze in a few extra clutch packs, the very nice, but SCORCHED tc, and the freaking humongous ATS deep transmission pan. The planetary thing was FUBAR. Metal shards everywhere.

I couldn't tell you if the truck was abused before I bought it, but...the evidence leads me to assume so. I'd only had it for like 2 months. And like you said, that $hit doesn't break over nothin.

I couldn't believe someone paid that much for a trans that really wasn't much. The trans mech and I both were bewildered. :( :( :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14