DOA

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crumm said:
Don't rule out getting the wrong fuel yet. The guy filling the tanks might have put gas in the Diesel tank. You should be able to smell it in the filter housing if it is gas.

I use a card lock station for fuel but that doesn't mean it can't happen. I just heading out to start on again. We're going to fix the injector/GP harness to start with and go from there.

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some of sations around here has yellow handles on their diesel and others have the green handles. the station that have the yellow for diesel have the green for gas and the others are the other way.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Terry it is best to read the label and sniff the contents.

How are you coming Rookie? On the road again?

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i agree,i get my fuel at the same pump every weak.it has one of them nosals
that makes spoon feeding easy.(it will come on with a slight squezz)
i hope it just the harness rockie

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
97CREWCABPSD said:
water in fuel???

That seems to be an issue also. When I dumped the fuel bowl, I guess I didn't look close enough. We pulled the top and the filter and it's full of crud/pudding/gell stuff. I'm guessing it couldn't be good for the injectors if it was being pushed through. I had just changed the filter out the first of the month. Pulled injectors and the orings are still good. Pulled 7 of 8 glow plugs and...the 8th is broke off. It's been soaking for awhile now but at least you can grab it. It broke off under the threads. That's where we're at for them moment.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Crumm said:
Terry it is best to read the label and sniff the contents.

How are you coming Rookie? On the road again?
the sniff is like a fix for me while fueling up, i hear crack head get the same rush.

sounds like gasoline to me to HOPE not

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Rookie said:
the 8th is broke off. It's been soaking for awhile now but at least you can grab it. It broke off under the threads. That's where we're at for them moment.
I hate it when that happens. Don't get in a hurry, let it soak and soak. I have read many threads where guys got too ruff with the broken plug and ended up having to pull the head.

TimMiller

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Remember the fuel station is liable for bad fuel. I hope you have your fuel reciept or at least used a credit card. Also if it is bad fuel, time to call bean for some injector rebuilds, they will flip that bill also along with factoring in your time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58