DOA

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crumm, not yet. Putting the slide hammer to it today. We let it soak overnight again. I do not plan on pulling that head. I'll take it out in pieces through the injector hole first...

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update

Ok, we're back on the road again with all new glowplugs, vc gasket, uvc harnesses and new connectors :thumbs . The biggest issue was about a gallon of water in the front tank -mad . The rear tank was clean :sweet. I have no idea how I could of got that much water in the system. We dumped some additive in both tanks to help get what may be left of the water out. I'm thinking of dumping the fuel bowl every oil change just because. We had to use a slide hammer on the stuck gp and worked it up until it stopped and then down and soak it and back up and down. Man those things are stout...anyway it was a real stressful week trying to get it back on the road but it's running like jake the bear now. Thanks for the ideas and comments.

Ron

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear you're back on the road.

The fuel bowl is one of my compulsions especially since I've seen several guys who have had theirs rot out, I'm not quite ready to spend the $$ on one yet and there's not enough $$ in the toy fund to afford a BDP fuel system.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58