Dont' know but?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Nobody has seen the official specs from International or Ford, so all of this is just guess work and wishin. Just boring it out won't help it meet new smog laws.

Dave

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
DaveBen said:
Just boring it out won't help it meet new smog laws.

Actually it's prolly stroked some. Small bore longer stroke is better on emissions. All the modular Ford gassers are a hair over 3.5". All the older stuff is generally around a 4" bore. Not sure on the other manufacturers latest engines since I never worked one in the machine shop just a couple V-10s and V-8 modular Fords.-popcorn

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
HTRDDSL said:
I assume there will be another different tranny as well?
Most likely.

Thanks for that info Marc, now we'll just have to see if it's true :p

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
if you want to see cab off repair shots - check out my 'salesman' post.:thumbs

as for the 6.4 info. will have to wait and see. -popcorn

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
Take this for what it is worth...... One of my instructors also works for a large clutch manefacturer not to name names but the ones that make the cerimatalic clutches, name starts with L..... he has drove it and the new cummins,,, he said compared to the cummins the new stroke was a little on the doggish side, but ya know thats also hear say, so who knows

Neal

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with my buddy at ford who happens to be pretty high in the service ranks. one of the guys who works for him actually has a brother that is a EE for Navistar. They apparently have completely encrypted the computer so that it is nearly impossible to chip. And, if someone did happen to crack the code(so to speak) it would burn a code into the truck's computer that would completely void the Ford warranty all the way down to replacing faulty tires! I am ecstatic with my 6.0 and I won't be looking at the new 6.4 too hard at all!

-Rusty

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
rustinh1 said:
I just got off the phone with my buddy at ford who happens to be pretty high in the service ranks. one of the guys who works for him actually has a brother that is a EE for Navistar. They apparently have completely encrypted the computer so that it is nearly impossible to chip. And, if someone did happen to crack the code(so to speak) it would burn a code into the truck's computer that would completely void the Ford warranty all the way down to replacing faulty tires! I am ecstatic with my 6.0 and I won't be looking at the new 6.4 too hard at all!

-Rusty

Anything is crackable ;)

And I doubt they are using anything crazy either, Ford isn't the NSA :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58