Dont' know but?

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I whole heartedly agree, but the last thing i would want to do is completely void the warranty on a new $50k truck. My dealership works with me on my truck with no issues even though its lifted, chipped, exhaust, etc. But, the rep. said he didn't know yet if he was going to be able to do anything about these new ones. I just thought I would report that bit of news to the forum!

-Rusty

silverado3500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IF the computer is encrypted, I would suspect that it was some EPA requirement, to discourage tampering with the emission controls, and also, that if this is the case, you can expect to see the same kinds of encryption on the General, and Dodge as well.

cb5300

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Give a 12 year old about 6 weeks and that code will be broken. GM talked about the '05 Corvette (C6) having the locked computer to keep tuners from making changes and that didn't last very long before somebody broke thru it. There's big money to be made in after market tuning to not brake the code.
Also rumor has it that the reason GM try to lock the computer was that they were going to get into the after market tuning. I know that some GM dealers have opened up performance shops now....May be Ford is looking to get on board the cash cow also, it'd make sense.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
It is Funny that there is TONS of Dealership now selling BullyDog stuff, I am sure BullyDog will have something for it when it comes out! ;)

kusto

Frozen PSD
Reaction score
Big K said:
It is Funny that there is TONS of Dealership now selling BullyDog stuff, I am sure BullyDog will have something for it when it comes out! ;)

Why not automatically void the warranty then the dealer and ford will not have to bear any of the costs to repair faulty equipment.

I know a guy that with a PSD that the dealer/salesman said that they would sell and install for him a chip and it would not affect the warranty. He later found out that the dealer ratted him out to ford and lost his warranty without even making a single warranty claim, just got a nasty letter in the mail.:dunno

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
All the shops around here that see BullyDog stuff are doing it on the UP and UP!

If they sell it, they will warrenty it ;)

dzltech1

big Bench Press Daddy
Reaction score
Got Diesel said:
Ok this is the scoop. Yesterday afternoon sitting at the shop, a mechanic for one of the biggest ford delerships in the state comes in. Regular guy, we get to talkin about the new 6.4Liter. He said that it was pushing it's limits coming out of the factory. If you chip or turn it up, it will grenade on you. The turbos are at thier max. Said it was kinda like a glorified 6.0, don't know if this is true or what but it's what he said. He has had one or two of his guys go train on the new motor already. I also asked him if they were completely encripting the new computer and he said yes. I hope that this is not true about the 6.4, I would love to see a motor that will hang with the newer Dmax's and Cummins motors, in the aftermarket ring. Take it for what it's worth but it's what I have heard. Thanks
I spoke with my FSE,and there is no training on this motor and none in the near future,they will throw us techs at it like the 6.0 and then give us a class. Now there have been classes on the 4.5-which I have taken,but none for the 6.4 yet.I wish there were.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64