Door Ajar Light???????

bserventi

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Here are the Facts:

2003 F250 Crewcab 6.0

1.Door ajar light will not go out
2.Doors will not auto lock when shifted into drive.
3.Cab lights will not go out by turning the key to ON.(Yes I have checked the dimmer switch)
3. Cab lights will eventually go out once above ~10mph/1500rpm.
4. After the cab lights are out. Opening the doors DOES NOT trigger the cab lights to come back on.
5. I HAVE TRIED THE WD-40 trick. no luck.

Any suggestions or ideas.

Thanks

JRJ04

Reaction score
if you've tried the trick (squirting A LOT of it in there, and opening and closing the door repeatedly...and I mean A LOT), then the sensor will more than likely need to be replaced. It is located very close to the latch on the door and can be accessed by taking the door panel off.

Should be able to get the part from ford.

bserventi

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
if you've tried the trick (squirting A LOT of it in there, and opening and closing the door repeatedly...and I mean A LOT), then the sensor will more than likely need to be replaced. It is located very close to the latch on the door and can be accessed by taking the door panel off.

Should be able to get the part from ford.

I do not think it is the sensor. As noted above. Once I drive and get the lights to go out. Opening any of the four doors does not cause the lights to come back on. Only turning the truck off will bring the lights back. Unless all four door switches failed at the exact same time??

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
trust us.. it's got a bad switch..
get it scanned for GEM/BCM codes, and you'll find out which one..

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not think it is the sensor. As noted above. Once I drive and get the lights to go out. Opening any of the four doors does not cause the lights to come back on. Only turning the truck off will bring the lights back. Unless all four door switches failed at the exact same time??

trust us.. it's got a bad switch..
get it scanned for GEM/BCM codes, and you'll find out which one..

X3

And it's the next logical (and cheapest) part to replace... in the trouble shooting efforts.

Joe

bserventi

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Where do you get it scanned for free?

A door switch would effect the doors not locking when it is shifted out of Park?

JRJ04

Reaction score
the lights shut off once you go over 10 mph if you have a door open, even if the sensors are working properly...mine do it.

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Easy way to find out which door, Once the light "TIMES" out, open a door, if the light comes on,... its not that door. By the light I mean the ceiling cab light. And yes The switch causes all of the symptoms you describe. Had the Same problem with our Navigator.

bserventi

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Easy way to find out which door, Once the light "TIMES" out, open a door, if the light comes on,... its not that door. By the light I mean the ceiling cab light. And yes The switch causes all of the symptoms you describe. Had the Same problem with our Navigator.

Read Fact 4 of my first post.

Opening any of the doors DOES NOT bring the dome lights back on. Witch is why I don't feel that it is a switch. What are the odds that All four switches failed at the same time.

So where can I get scanned for free. Ford wants $99 to run a diagnostic.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg