Door Ajar Light???????

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Read Fact 4 of my first post.

Opening any of the doors DOES NOT bring the dome lights back on. Witch is why I don't feel that it is a switch. What are the odds that All four switches failed at the same time.

So where can I get scanned for free. Ford wants $99 to run a diagnostic.

just find any SHOP that has scan equipment.
and you may not get it scanned for free...
but until you get the GEM/BCM codes out of it, you might as well be changing the left front brake caliper trying to fix it.

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Good point, sorry I missed it, the next item to look at is the "Gem" Module. curios, have you had your windshield replaced lately?

bserventi

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
No windshield replacement. Does Autozone have the proper scan tool to pull GEM codes.
I'm out of town for 2 more days, which is why I ask, otherwise I would just drive over and find out.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
No windshield replacement. Does Autozone have the proper scan tool to pull GEM codes.
I'm out of town for 2 more days, which is why I ask, otherwise I would just drive over and find out.

No. You're going to have to find someplace that that has a scanner capable of manufacturer-specific codes.

AE software is like $325.
I saw a laptop advertized for like $350
so for $700., you can be fully hot snot and ready..
for like 1/10 of what I have in my MODIS

bserventi

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Went to a Ford Dealership today when I got back in town. They scanned the GEM code and came up with a Right Rear door sensor. Quoted me $290 to R@R the door panel and install the sensor($62 parts, $230 Labor). I laughed and went to Autozone to order the Duralast version for $19.99. It cost $51 to get a diagnostic scan done at the Dealership.

Those of you that said it was a door sensor earlier, put another notch on your bedpost, you were right!

Thanks for y'alls help!

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Went to a Ford Dealership today when I got back in town. They scanned the GEM code and came up with a Right Rear door sensor. Quoted me $290 to R@R the door panel and install the sensor($62 parts, $230 Labor). I laughed and went to Autozone to order the Duralast version for $19.99. It cost $51 to get a diagnostic scan done at the Dealership.

Those of you that said it was a door sensor earlier, put another notch on your bedpost, you were right!

Thanks for y'alls help!

word to the wise..
don't laugh.

you may need them again soon.

Just decline politely.

The rest of the stuff, the Duralast sensor, etc, that's fine.

bserventi

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
BTW, I did not actually laugh or cause any sort of a scene. It was a figure of speech. Had it not been for the knowledge I had gained here I probably would have let them fix it and take my money.

So I have the door panel off, and the plastic sheeting pulled back. What is the best way to get to the senor. Should I take the 3 star bolts holding the latch out and remove the entire latch mech. or do you fish through the door to get the sensor.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg