Door Ajar Light???????

bserventi

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Took the old switch out. It was the problem. It had seperated into two pieces.

Installed new switch and when I acuate it with my hand I get the dome light and door ajar light to go out. Now that I have reassembled the latch, when I CLOSE the door, the door ajar light comes back ON, and when I OPEN the door the dome light/ajar light goes OUT. The cycle is backwards.

How do I correct this??

Last edited:

bserventi

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I dont know, the part from autozone actually says Ford on the part. It has all the same markings and numbers as the OEM one I took out.

I have un hooked the battery trying to create a new "zero point" with the door opened and closed and no change. The light is off when door opened, and on with door closed.

mrwBronco

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What's the best way to get the door panels off without busting anything? I have always been a 70's Ford guy so this new fangled 1999 is new territory for me.

bserventi

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Returned the Autozone part and bought the Ford part from the dealer for 3x as much. Whatever, I got gouged, but it works now!!!.

My right rear door panel removal involved prying the red reflector off the bottom of the door and removing 7mm bolt, prying up the arm rest piece that has the window up/down switch and removing the 7mm bolt. Then sliding the whole panel up and off.

coueshunter

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Returned the Autozone part and bought the Ford part from the dealer for 3x as much. Whatever, I got gouged, but it works now!!!.

My right rear door panel removal involved prying the red reflector off the bottom of the door and removing 7mm bolt, prying up the arm rest piece that has the window up/down switch and removing the 7mm bolt. Then sliding the whole panel up and off.

I will ALWAYS take an OEM part especially electrical part over an auto zone crappy part. good choice

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58