dpf fines

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
ok well i do a couple trips to albuquerque and one hunting trip usually every year to arkansas. Any suggestions there to put the **** filter on then to be safe?

and there is absolutely NO reason to go to Albuquerque

to many corrupt folks with guns, driving cars with 911 on the side

i would surmise given them the chance to arrest you for a epa violation would be an easy thought for them. :rant
let me add if you do get stopped in albq, and its office bret white badge 5200, CALL YOUR attorney immediately,

ducky1402

Reaction score
i do gun show in albuquerque gun show so that is only reason i go there

Fine69

Reaction score
It would be shocking to hear of a random roadside inspection for a dpf , and then for the authority to have a data base of every component for every vehicle handy ,, they would also need to check the vin ( not all 6.4's have dpf ,, but those might be obvious ?

AHH, Yeah, they do. ALL 6.4's came from the factory with a DPF.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we had a discussion about this a while back ,, there is a lot of service /and forestry 6.4's without the dpf
and they came that way from the factory with the corresponding programming because we all know you just don't remove the dpf and call it a day
but like a stated they would be obvious I don't know if any were produced with a std bed?

ducky1402

Reaction score
there illegal everywhere its a federal law. Its bs but its the law. with that said unless you somehow get caught you will be very happy you pulled it. If you are worried find a used dpf at a junk yard and take a concrete chipper to the inside and hollow it out.

Smoker1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!
I'm still curious though, will they not look for it when I take it in for the yearly safety inspection? And, I have read where to run an exhaust system without the DPF requires a programmer that will allow you to delete it?
Sounds like removing it is really something i want to do, but until about two weeks ago I didn't even know they existed, so I am completely ignorant to them right now and I appreciate all the information I can get!

Thanks,

ducky1402

Reaction score
yes you will definatly need some programmer. Alot of people will tell you to go with spartan I have an edge that works good for me but your call there.they will more than likely look for it when you go for inspection so you just put it back on. The only thing left to worry about is surprise inspections. So thats why i would find old dpf on wrecked truck and hollow it out and install that then you pass visual inspection. :D

Smoker1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Dpf

I think I just found one not too far from my area!
Going to try to pick it up this week, thanks for all the help!!:hail

Will then start looking for a programmer!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58