dpf fines

Deviant Diesel

Sooting 1 jerk @ a time!
Reaction score
Just had my inspection in Denton Co. and they didn't check any emissions at all, never even plugged up to the OBDII. Just the $13 safety inspection. . .

Last edited:

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taking the dpf off is really no different than speeding, thats illegal right and probably everyone here does it and many dont get caught, and many do. If you get caught, you might pay a fine, maybe let go, who knows. If I had the money, it would be gone. In Ohio we are exempt from emisions for 5 years after a new vehicle purchase, after that you do biannual checks for certain counties, not all. Let it breathe and enjoy the increase in MPG and the sweet sounds of the turbo.

Smoker1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
All sounds like great advise, but I still havent done anything with the exhaust yet due to Christmas shopping taking priority over my truck modifications for now. Still thinking very seriously about it though!
The hump I am really trying to get over is the cost of the programmer with the DPF delete. At a price ranging from $1200 to $1500, I am thinking it would take so long for the savings in fuel mileage to pay me back for that is it worth it? I would like to have better sounds coming from it and I have no doubt the additional power would make the truck even that much more fun to drive, but still wieghing the advantages vs. cost.

drames

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I hear you!!!! Mines mainly my daily driver and getting 10-12mpg around town is killing the wallet. The wife and I talked about it and she actually told me to go ahead and get it done!!! I have a SCT Livewire tuner and a DPF/CAT delete pipe on order (for under $900) and it's due in next wednesday. Now all I need is a little warm weather so I can crawl under the truck to do the pipe work. I'm HOPING it will give me another 6mpg......we'll see!

alldaysports

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just had my inspection in Denton Co. and they didn't check any emissions at all, never even plugged up to the OBDII. Just the $13 safety inspection. . .
I'm just on the other side of Denton too. What kind of system you running? I'm thinking of going with Innovative Diesel.
Thanks.
cp

Smoker1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I finally got the programer! Already pleased with the investment!
Planning to get the entire exhause system replaced this week!
Going with a 4" turbo back system and no DPF!!