Edge Programer with Attitude module

jimh1999

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just recently installed Edge Juice/attitude in '05 PSD Excursion with the new overhead mount from Edge. All I can say is "Amazing"...

CHPMustang

Reaction score
jimh1999 said:
Just recently installed Edge Juice/attitude in '05 PSD Excursion with the new overhead mount from Edge. All I can say is "Amazing"...
Welcome to SuperDutyDiesel jimh1999 :sweet

Post up some pics of the completed install when you can :cool:

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
hell of a bump huh? i was wondering what are the steps for drilling into the exhaust manifold and where do you put all of the wires and where do you run them through? im definently getting this system now and was wondering what steps were good for daily driving?

your2slow

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I found the best way to keep as many metal pieces out of the turbo as possible to do a few things:

1) start with a small drill bit and work your way up (what pieces get in the exhaust will be small)
2) dip the drill bit in grease to hold the shavings
3) add a magnet to each side of the hole close to where you are drilling

As for running the wires the tps and Attitude wires will go through the hole at the firewall plug (right above emergency brake you'll see a cut out in the noise material). For the engine sensors follow the factory wiring in order to save headaches later. The cps is the most difficult to route and zip tie off. Just be sure to follow the factory wire and don't be afraid to use extra wire ties to keep the wiring out of the serpentine belt.

Max Power

Reaction score
I also drill the whole with the truck running. That way all the chips are blown back in your face instead of going into the exhaust.

KevinsOffroad

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If you use a magnet both on the bit and tap itself, you'll keep shavings to a minimum. I put a magnet over the bit and started with a 1/8" bit, then 1/4", then the final one. After you're done tapping, simply run the magnet down the manifold and stop at the hole a few times. You'll get a little bit more shavings out, but if you have a magnet on the bit and on the tap, VERY little will get into the manifold anyway.

Kevin

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
Drilling and tapping

Afternoon,

Not trying to be a smart _ _ _ or anything but you guys are way over thinking the drilling deal. I personally have drilled way over 100 manifolds for pyro's , Ford, Dodge, GM etc all of them. All you do is drill it, thread it and insert the probe, start the engine and let it idle for 10 seconds and then go and run it. Any particales that are left in the manifold will go past the wheel as such a low velocity at idle and down the pipes. I have never used a magnet, grease, started with a small biat and worked up left the engine running or anything else. I know it's kind so scary but you won't hurt anything at all.

Mark @ DPPI

your2slow

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Max Power said:
Mark, while I agree with you for the most part, it never hurts to be safe rather then sorry.

I'll agree with that. When a new turbo costs well in excess of $1k I would rather take a few precautions just for peace of mind.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl