Edge Programer with Attitude module

MykolG

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Greetings all, I'm new to this list and have question. I just saw a show on TV showing how easy it is to install to install the Edge Programer and the Attitude module which does away with the need for the gauges on the A pillar. Has anyone had any experience with this product? By that I mean how does it compare with any of the others?
I have a 2002 Excursion with the 7.3 PSD and 4X4. Seeing as I only have 40,000 miles on it, I do not want to void the extended 100,000 warranty. :dunno
:thanks
Mike

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
I've been using the Juice/Attitude and Evo for about 6 months now. I went from a chip with gauges on the A pillar and find this set up much preferable. Using the Evo on the 80 hp setting is just about the most power I want to apply to my stock drive train and it goes down the road just great. Great for towing also.
The feature I like best with the J/A is the de-fueling at WOT shifting and high exhaust temps. I highly recommend this setup for power and protection.
Jim

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The juice/attitide is a piece of cake to install. I just finished my fathers install the other day.

Its all plug and play. Hardest part is drilling the exhaust for the pyro, and the ONLY reason that is hard, is because everyone is afraid of drilling into the manifold. Use a new sharp bit and go slow. Its very soft metal. Tap the hole, and install the sensor. Your done.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
MykolG said:
Greetings all, I'm new to this list and have question. I just saw a show on TV showing how easy it is to install to install the Edge Programer and the Attitude module which does away with the need for the gauges on the A pillar. Has anyone had any experience with this product? By that I mean how does it compare with any of the others?
I have a 2002 Excursion with the 7.3 PSD and 4X4. Seeing as I only have 40,000 miles on it, I do not want to void the extended 100,000 warranty. :dunno
:thanks
Mike
Welcome on board Mike! :sweet

Told ya a few people use Edge products here :cool:

Bill

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Welcome to a great site Mike! :thumbs

I use the Evo and think it's great! Like JimmyDee said 80hp is a great daily driver programmer. Extreme(100HP) has yielded my best times at the track but smokes like a train! :eek: I bought a chip for the shift on the fly but am having a hard time wanting to sell the Evo. :p

Don't know much about the monitor but I thought you still have to use a tranny temp gauge with an auto since it only has boost and pyro.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, there is no tranny monitoring on the Edge. You would need an aftermarket gauge if you dont have an 02 truck with factory gauge. The ford factory gauge is almost useless and is more of an idiot light than a real gauge. By the time the factory gauge shows RED, its too late.

Rebel Horseman

Minuteman Patriot
Reaction score
I'm a firm believer in Edge products. I had the Juice in my Duramax and was totally astonished. Who'd think that a truck that heavy would beat a Mustang GT and hang with a Z28 Camaro?

Anyway, I"m running the Evo programmer in my Powerstroke on the 60hp level and love it. Smoke isn't bad unless I lug it. The 80hp level is sweet but I don't want to burn my stock clutch and I've never tried the 100hp setting although I may one day soon. On 60 there is plenty of power for my tastes and it pulls well.

I'd definately reccommend Edge products without question.

Brian [><]

MykolG

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Wow! Thanks guys. It seems most everyone is happy with the Edge products. I also want to change the torque converter and add the larger exhaust. Is there any one torque converter that is better than the rest? I recently got a card from Banks re: their new billet converter. I called them and the price is a little over $1200 but that includes a shift kit.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
Hardest part is drilling the exhaust for the pyro, and the ONLY reason that is hard, is because everyone is afraid of drilling into the manifold. Use a new sharp bit and go slow. Its very soft metal. Tap the hole, and install the sensor. Your done.

I might add that at this step of the game it is advisable once you have drilled your hole to REALLY grease up your tap, any shavings created during tapping will just stick to the grease and not go up in your exh. manifold and then through your turbo.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58