egr disconect

The Dude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:) I was reading in the forums and their was talk about disconecting the egr. I unpluged my egr and my truck ran a lot better. can i leave it unpluged? will it cause any dammage or overheating? I would apreciate some input.:thanks

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm greatly surprised it didn't throw a clot and put the CEL up for some emmisions related crap. I was going to sleeve mine, that way it can be connected, move and the ECM will get feedback, and think it's doing something, meanwhile it's got no gas to pass...

The Dude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I priced out a new egr it was 409.00 canadian from good o`l discount ford
If I can get around it i will

Last edited:

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, turning it off in code would be the best bet, but unless you have the programmer already, it's probably cheaper to buy the spare EGR...

Has you CEL come on yet? I know in regular gas jobs, there is a potentiometer that tells the PCM how far the valve is open. I haven't looked at this one to see if it's there. How many wires are on it? I should just look at the bible...

The Dude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No my cel has not come on yet! it`s been two days and my 6.o is running way better!! I`ll leave it 4 now! I believe there is 5 I`ll double check!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58