Engine shake idle/in gear

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed when I was ideling through the parking lot, there was a vibration I could feel through the seet. It was every now in then...consistent pattern. I thought it might be a miss, but I did the dollar bill test on the exhaust and it didnt suck back in. It did it in neutral and drive, and chip on stock, 50, 75,and 100. Any ideas what it could be??

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
What did your scanner tell you? No scanner? You and all of us are guessing. I don't play that game. GET A SCANNER.

Dave (not angry or anything)

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No scanner. I'm wanting to get Auto Enginuity...but trying to save. I'll go get it scanned and see if they pull anything.

Gueses are always welcomed in the mean time....maybe someone has had this similar issue??? Thanks

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I googled the issue I'm having and found a similar article on powerstroke.org. (Haven't been able to get it scanned yet...just bear with me)

Engine shaking at idle (intermitent) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

My question is...I dont understand one of the acronyms...."IIRC the hpx line"?

I'm very reluctant to go get it scanned because the mechanic down here at this diesel shop is a da....and hes got a small mans comlex about when it comes to cheve.

JRJ04

Reaction score
start with the simple stuff.

last oil change? last fuel filter change? oil level good? transmission fluid level good? whats the fuel level like in the tank? maybe a bad batch of fuel?

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
start with the simple stuff.

last oil change? last fuel filter change? oil level good? transmission fluid level good? whats the fuel level like in the tank? maybe a bad batch of fuel?

Last oil change was about 3,000 miles ago, all the fluids level are good. Would the transmission cause a problem like this in Park or Neutral? I figure it had no connection to the engine so I am focusing on an engine problem. I was going to go out and add some diesel kleen...I'm down to a quarter tank right now. And fuel filter was changed about 3500 miles ago (I'll check it out and see if I find anything in there). I'll go try that stuff out and see what it does. THANKS:sweet

fordfury

redneck punk
Reaction score
might have a weak hole too low compression goes away when you build some boost

JRJ04

Reaction score
being down to a quarter of a tank could be your issue. have you done the in-tank and pre-pump mods? if not, you could be sucking air into the fuel system, and I would think that would cause some sort of miss.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58