Engine shake idle/in gear

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would it be possible that something could be blocking the hx line and causing inadequate oil supply to....I guess the #8 injector? And how would I check it?

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
First you've got to figure out if you have the hpx line, it's an aftermarket add on. and second, then you would have to check for a blockage in the line by removing it and blowing thru it i suppose?

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First you've got to figure out if you have the hpx line, it's an aftermarket add on. and second, then you would have to check for a blockage in the line by removing it and blowing thru it i suppose?

ohhh:watchout....

Well I'm fixing to post another thread that goes along with this....but I got upload the vid to youtube first. Could a bad cps cause a "rough" idel?

>>>>http://www.superdutydiesel.com/forums/99-7-3l-powerstroke-engine-drivetrain/25567-bad-cps-vid-included.html<<<<

Last edited:

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]My question is...I dont understand one of the acronyms...."IIRC the hpx line"?[/QUOTE]

IIRC= "If I recall correctly"

HPX= Hi Pressure Cross over line.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I've replaced the cps and still has the vibration. Ran it about 8 miles with the Diesel Kleen. Maybe it will do something. What's the best thing in yalls opinion to use if ya'll got water in the fuel? I'm going tomorrow to pick up my wifes car and then I'll get it scanned.

JRJ04

Reaction score
def need to change your fuel filter. what makes you think you have water in the fuel? is the light on?

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont like the filter that is in it now...its a Wix filter that has the screw cap already on it. I like the old design where the cap comes off and then the filter comes out...are those still available? I almost stripped the top of the cap, where you grab onto it with a wrench, because of the resistance of the filter being attached. I still have the old cap in my tool box.

And no the light is not on...I never even knew it had a light untill about 2 weeks ago....never seen one on any of my trucks. I was just going to add something just in case it didn't pick up any water in the system. I'm gonna see if I can't get the transmission shop to a scan, buzz, contribution, and compression check today.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14