Engine shake idle/in gear

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
being down to a quarter of a tank could be your issue. have you done the in-tank and pre-pump mods? if not, you could be sucking air into the fuel system, and I would think that would cause some sort of miss.

I have not done any mods to my fuel system. Is there a detailed article on this somwhere that you, or anyone, reccomends?

fordfury

redneck punk
Reaction score
yeah it could be i would do a compression check with a good gauge or a cylinder contribution test with a good scanner. see what they come up with could be a injector too. there is alot of things it could be.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah it could be i would do a compression check with a good gauge or a cylinder contribution test with a good scanner. see what they come up with could be a injector too. there is alot of things it could be.

Whats a contribution test...I've heard of it regularly but clueless about what it is. When I take it to get it scanned I'm going to have the compression checked and injectors buzzed by their MODIS scanner

fordfury

redneck punk
Reaction score
have them do the contribution test too. last time i delt with one that missed or rough idle was a number 8 injector but they have a fix for that. that was a early 99 build tho

fordfury

redneck punk
Reaction score
its a test to see how much the cylinder is doing. or contributing to the performance of the engine. if you have a miss it will tell you what cylinder is missing.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

fordfury

redneck punk
Reaction score
i got a grey one in mine right now and a black one in the glove box so i know that one should get me home

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
Are you talkin about the idle in gear, or in park? 600 seems a little low for park, mines closer to 700 in neutral. check out the wiki for the fuel system mods, their labeled "fuel system mods 1 and 2".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14