bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how is the HPOP creating problems ? its not like folks are blowing
apart injectors or something...

GO BIG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But like bushpilot said I haven't read anything about the HPOP pumps? I know Keanoknick just got one put in under warranty. maybe there is something going on?

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
All I had done to the HPOP was the updated connector that Bush is reffering to, I've never heard of problems from the HPOP other than that one fitting which would cause a slow/no start condition, but nothing else :dunno

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
In post #12 GO BIG says he believes the weakest links are EGR coolers and head bolts. All I'm saying is that I believe there have been more problems with HPOP than head bolts. To the point of a TSB being issued and the repair bracket package being made.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
The EGR cooler is a pipe that runs from the exhaust on the passenger side, pre turbo, passes through a coolant cooled chamber and the through an EGR valve and then right into the intake. Sooty air entering the intake.

The flaw with the system is you have 1300* temp exhaust and 200* coolant with a part that came from the lowest bidder in between. So when the exhaust gets too hot it causes the coolant to flash and out comes the coolant reservoir. These are of course under programmed situations. Sooner or later the part breaks and I if I remember correctly, some even had one pop under factory settings. The block off plate is just that. It prevents the hot exhaust from entering the coolant chamber therefore "protecting" the cheap part. Problem is it throws a code that any programmer will compensate for. And the programmer can keep the EGR valve closed so you have no air in that pipe.

Do I have that correct Bama?

I had two EGR coolers to go while still stock, so it can happen both ways.

But you do have the workings off the block-of plate and the tuner to delete the EGR valve down pat.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In post #12 GO BIG says he believes the weakest links are EGR coolers and head bolts. All I'm saying is that I believe there have been more problems with HPOP than head bolts. To the point of a TSB being issued and the repair bracket package being made.

the hpop PUMP didnt fail, its the accountant-cheap connector that
they switched to in 2005.

theres been a TSB on the hpop CONNECTOR since 2006...theres
YET to be a tsb on the egr cooler or oil cooler

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup the problem is they cheaped out...i mean REVISED the connector...

the cheaped out...i mean REVISED...connector will eventually LEAK such
that you will 1st see extended crank times (while it tries to refill
the hpop reservoir w/ the .95 qt of oil that it should hold)...

after awhile youll see a COMPLETE leak/disconnect such that the truck
may STOP running or that it will NEVER be able to fill the reservoir or
build enough pressure (minimum of 500psi) to fire the injectors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg