Excursion Towing Problem Question

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Hey bama how much to ship it to my house?

Crumm, I will have to do some checking tomorrow, but I will get back to ya.

We have never quoted a price to alaska, so this will be a first.

I dont know of any transporters that go to AK, but I will try my best. :thumbs

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score

Crumm, now that I have seen your link for Alaska Vehicle Transport, I have seen their name on a dispatch website that just about all transporters use.

It looks like they maybe the best way for you to go, since they are familiar with transporting to AK.

Hauling it by ship had also crossed my mind. We have arranged for shipment to HI before, out of the long beach, CA area.

I will still see what I can come up with tomorrow.

HowieE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was gonna say....you should sell it...but i see youve concluded that
already.

photos and price would be helpful AND an oasis report (ill be
apply to run it for you if you share the VIN number)...we'll get that
thing sold, so you can be on your way, quick !

The quickest way to look at it is to look at the post I bought it from on E bay

I have the Oasis report if anyone want to see it. Vin 1fmsu43p24ed58430

Not mentioned in the E Bay listing.
There is a remote start, I have the original Ford 6 disc radio, there is a Ford chrome grill, and the new Michelins have about 400 miles on them on Ford Limited wheels, plus the wheels and tire that show on E Bay.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Some sway bars will fix the problem but selling it will too.

At $34,000 I will have to pass on this one as it only books at $29,925. Add in what I would have to pay for shipping and I would be in way over my head. Good luck on the sale and the new Suburban engine.

Sledpuller

Pullin fool
Reaction score
A sway bar might have fixed the problem but my opinion is with the tires. With a truck as heavy as the ex is I got rid of the crappy Michelins that were on my ex when I got mine and put on some toyo at's, 10 ply 80 psi rated. I don't even think of buying a tire for any of my diesel's unless they are a 65-80 psi tire, D or E rated. I got a 20' 3 axle bumper pull trailer that I haul my pulling tractor on which weighs 8,500 and the trailer is 2,500 and I haven't had a single problem with towing. Just always want more power. I can't never get enough.

HowieE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Crumm

I tried to send you a PM in response to yours but not sure it went. Please advise via PM if you got it.

HowieE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been running this question on more than one site and I guess I failed to mention I had replaced the wheels and tires after the original trip to Fl. The truck now has 265 75 16 E rated Michelins.

I have just had a conversation with another individual that is towing a 34 ft. Airstream with an Excursion and his comment repeats what many of you have suggested. Tire pressure. Not sure I have my head around that yet but now that I am wearing a heart monitor for a month I might just go out and try it. At least if anything happens there will be a recording of the event.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg