Extra's

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, Some say I go over board on things and I am sure I do. LOL I carry a 12 in 120 v Chain Saw and a 120 v leaf blower. We love a camp fire 12 mo of the year. I think you said you ordered it with the 16 in tires.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
dont waste your $$ on rv toilet paper. just buy quality tissue thats ready for septic tanks. which 99% are these days
the simple test is put two tickets in a jar of water and shake , if it breaks right up you can use it

I usually urge folks to get RV toilet paper because I know it'll breakdown quickly. But I can't find fault with the test Robert refered to. Maybe we should refer to it as the "Robert test" :D :D

look twice... back up slow...

A big ditto on that. :sweet :sweet
If you have 20' of room, back up 10'.
If you have 10' of room, back up 5'.
If you have 6' of room, back up 3'.
You can never check your clearance too many times when backing up.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WD40

Yep,,

I ordered it with 16 inch tires and 6000 lb. axles. Sometimes bigger is better.
btw.. I pm'ed my email address to you.
I went to the RV dealership today to look at their parts store. More things to purchase. Also talked to the garage builders today. Our 24x48 garage door is to low for the PSD, so looking to buy a 30x40x 14 ft. walls, to fit the 5er and PSD into. Concrete has gone out of site here, of course everything has gone up dramatically in the last few years. When I was 16, gas was 19 cents per gallon, and I worked on a ranch for one dollar an hour.
Times have changed.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i forgot the most imprtant thing of all
cant imagine how i forgot it

1. have your wife teach you to LISTEN,

to her when she is directing you into a spot,

it makes for a much better camping experience.

and get a set of them handheld walkie talkies

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Words from the wife. Carolyn says we use 1 ply Charmin for the house and the RV. We are on a septic tank at home.

WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT ROBERT. You mean we have to listen. Oh Lord I hope this don't get out. If it does it will be Roberts fault. After parking the trailer, always hug and kiss her before doing any thing else.

Last edited:

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
i forgot the most imprtant thing of all
cant imagine how i forgot it

1. have your wife teach you to LISTEN,

to her when she is directing you into a spot,

it makes for a much better camping experience.

and get a set of them handheld walkie talkies

I'll do ya one better.:D
I got a set of walkie talkies and 6 orange mini traffic cones. I set out the orange cones exactly where I want to park my trailer. I give one radio to my wife get back into the truck and do the "Can you hear me OK?" thing with my walkie talkie. When she says "Yea, I can hear you alright", I turn my radio off and back the trailer right in the middle of the cones. It's just like the parking test when you got your drivers license when you turned 16 except you don't have anybody nagging at you. :sweet :sweet :sly

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have the walkie talkies, but I have found that after I hit something, my wife says, FAR ENOUGH....We are a great couple, she is blind and I can't hear.

:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
If you have 20' of room, back up 10'.
If you have 10' of room, back up 5'.
If you have 6' of room, back up 3'.
You can never check your clearance too many times when backing up.

My father had a different idea about backing up an RV, a semi-trailer, anything that was big. His motto;

"Just keep going son, until you smell (poop) or hear glass!"

bigbrother44

PSD or bust!
Reaction score
A couple of lessons I learned the 2nd time I pulled a trailer...

First of all, don't tow it with a chevy with those tiny little itsy bitsy teeny weeny little mirrors with the clamp on towing mirrors...-mad

Because if you do, you won't realize that even though you swung the corner wide, that little tiny pothole on the side of the road on the corner makes the top of the trailer swing over a lot farther than you think...-mad

Which means you have to explain to the owner of the trailer why you didn't see the top corner of the trailer swinging toward that powerpole BEFORE you heard the smack...scraaaaaape of the top of the trailer scraping down the side of the powerpole removing the porch light and modifying the angles where the roof and right side wall come together...:cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

fortunately the porch light was pretty cheap and the roof doesn't leak.

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diesel Fuel, Lots of diesel fuel......... OH! And this is for Robert, I got a set of those handy dandy hand helds for my wife........ Can't get a word in edge wise.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58