Extra's

firesoutmatt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yep,,

I ordered it with 16 inch tires and 6000 lb. axles. Sometimes bigger is better.
btw.. I pm'ed my email address to you.
I went to the RV dealership today to look at their parts store. More things to purchase. Also talked to the garage builders today. Our 24x48 garage door is to low for the PSD, so looking to buy a 30x40x 14 ft. walls, to fit the 5er and PSD into. Concrete has gone out of site here, of course everything has gone up dramatically in the last few years. When I was 16, gas was 19 cents per gallon, and I worked on a ranch for one dollar an hour.
Times have changed.

Stock PSD should fit in a stanard size door 7' tall . Atleast mine does :thumbs

14' sidewalls will only get you a 12' door or 13' with low headroom track .

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might want a rug or mat to put on the outside when you set up the trailer. Some people use indoor/outdoor carpet. I use green mats that we bought at Camping world. They keep the inside of the trailer much cleaner. We go to the beach a lot and bought a drying line that we hang off the back of the trailer. It is not perfect aesthetics when it is up, but you take it down when others get to look at it.
A second battery, and if you are going to camp a lot, You might even want to change out all the light bulbs to LED's. It makes it a lot less worrisome when my kids want to read at night, I don't have to worry about the energy draw.
I buy the little packets for the Black tank, instead of just the liquid. It is just easier to deal with, and lets my wife be able to handle that responsibilty, without passign on teh assignment to me.
A table cloth.
A couple of comfy chairs to sit my tail in. When I am traveling, I run hard, and enjoy sitting down at the end of the day.
We also went to IKEA to get some duffle bags, because they were cheap and functional. The bags we bought are red and have a thing to hold it open for dirty clothes and such.
An LCD TV.
That is pretty close to the high points.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the garage floor to the header is 81 inches. The truck is 83 inches tall. With the garage door on (solid door) the height is 78 inches. The garage company that quoted me for the 14ft. walls, says that with the 16 ft. wide by 13 ft roll up door, it should be tall enough for our 5th wheel. Specifications on the Wildcat 29rlbs 5er show it to be 12 ft. tall at the air conditioner. I had to have surgery, so I needed to get our truck into the garage before the surgery and bad weather, so I purchased four PSD 17 inch steel wheels and drove it into the garage without tires. So that is where it sits now, until I am able to drive it back out and install the 18 inch wheels which have tires on them.
I am getting antsy, because 5er comes in mid February, and I need to have the bed liner sprayed in and have the hitch installed before the 5er gets here. At this time, I have not recovered enough to change tires. Our lawn boy gets $15 per hour to mow the lawn, but he won't change tires. These kids now days are spoiled.

Thanks Scooter, all good ideas.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i would try to get a real world measurement before you build.
ours was quoted as 12'6"
we are at real world hooked up...13' 6" at the forward a/c unit.
and i have a clear 14' clearance at the fishing shack and its close, but fits

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, Max, I would put in at least a 14 foot door. My RV is 12.8 hooked up.
Dog gone Robert, if you ever go back to the northeast you will knock the
front A/C off of that thing if not real careful. 13.6 is max. height for big trucks.
Good luck.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would try to get a real world measurement before you build.
ours was quoted as 12'6"
we are at real world hooked up...13' 6" at the forward a/c unit.
and i have a clear 14' clearance at the fishing shack and its close, but fits

Good idea...I do not want to tear the a/c off when going into the new garage.

WD40;
As you know we are planning on a Northeast trip this year. It would not be fun stuck under a bridge. I am going to check on the internet and see if anyone has bridge heights listed.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes there is a Driver Hand Book that has them all listed, sorry I don't know the name of it but I bet Bama would know.

firesoutmatt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
From the garage floor to the header is 81 inches. The truck is 83 inches tall. With the garage door on (solid door) the height is 78 inches. The garage company that quoted me for the 14ft. walls, says that with the 16 ft. wide by 13 ft roll up door, it should be tall enough for our 5th wheel. Specifications on the Wildcat 29rlbs 5er show it to be 12 ft. tall at the air conditioner. I had to have surgery, so I needed to get our truck into the garage before the surgery and bad weather, so I purchased four PSD 17 inch steel wheels and drove it into the garage without tires. So that is where it sits now, until I am able to drive it back out and install the 18 inch wheels which have tires on them.
I am getting antsy, because 5er comes in mid February, and I need to have the bed liner sprayed in and have the hitch installed before the 5er gets here. At this time, I have not recovered enough to change tires. Our lawn boy gets $15 per hour to mow the lawn, but he won't change tires. These kids now days are spoiled.

Thanks Scooter, all good ideas.

81" your about 3" short of the full height of 7'/84" . All garges are built differnt no standard on a 7' door.

Wow you drove it in with no tires . That had to be werid.

13'6" is legal height all bridges and wires have to be that height or more. Not to say that some side roads are less but all hi-ways are.

If your building get the extra height . Never know you may get a bigger camper some day. Go with atleast a 13'6" door . There is no camper made that will be over that height. :thumbs

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have never seen a camper, or trailer for that matter, that is over 12'. I had a metal barn/shop with a 12' door and nobody would come even close to hitting the top of the door.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58