failed emissions

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could try unpluging your EBPV and see what its does.its the plug at the bottom front on the driver side of the turbo. like everybody else is telling you 94-97 truck don't have a waist gate or a egr valve.if somebody charge you to replace the egr valve he owns you, some money back and find out what he did change if anything.i always ask for any part that gets replace to be given back to me.

fordfast

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i'll try it. will i notice anything from the first tank or will it take a few before showing results?

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
As soon as it starts burning the bio, it will not smoke as much. It may take awhile for the crap to come loose from the tanks and lines.

You should also try to disconnect the EBP valve like Tubbz suggested. Just to check.

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the ebpv might be half close at low rpm (35mph) then its opening at a high rpm (45mph).more exshauts pushing on it.unplug it you will be able to feel the diffence if their is any.you won't hurt anything running it unpluged
might help might not.is it still cool their in the mornings?the valve is for faster warm up in the winter.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
go back to that mechanic and get your money back.we do not have an EGR valve or waste gate!!i hate mechanics like that.those are the ones that give mechanics like me a bad name!!!-mad

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Rich,

According to his first post I don't think the tech changed anything, just told him what needed to be fixed and he obviously doesn't know OBS Fords.:roflmao

on edit: get money back for EGR replacement

Last edited:

fordfast

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
morings have been in the 40's. turbo seems to running fine. i can hear it spinning . i will disconnect the epb in the morning and try it out. should there be less smoke ? and is this easy to change out?

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Yes there should be less smoke if its partially closed at times. At 40 degrees it is going to operate to help with warmup. Once warmed up it shouldn't operate. Oil temp and ambient air temp are a couple things that dictate when the valve is closing.

Usual culprit is the exhaust back pressure sensor being bad or the EBS tube coming off the passenger exhaust manifold being clogged with soot. Sometimes the tube is rotted out too.

fordfast

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i will take a look at that too. thank you for all your advise i will let you know tomorrow what i find out. you guys rule!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14