First B20 Fill

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Well I was reminded a bit ago by TxAtty about this Bio location,:sweet I had found it awhile ago but never stopped by and I had forgotten about it. It's a OTR truck stop, right across the street from the local CAT dealer, that has one side of B20 and one side of straight #2. You'll need to have a filler neck that accepts the large truck nozzles. I'm going to try to get them to get some B100.:D

Willie hooked me up with 20.5 gallons of B20 @ $2.40/g. Cheapest #2 in town(truck stop) is $2.31, the local monopoly stores that own 90% of the gas pumps in town have diesel @ 2.39-2.44.:eek:

Being a from a farming family, I'll be running B-20 from now on!:thumbs It's on the way to the farm so it's convenient too.:D

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Glad ya'll got hooked up with a local B20:sweet If there was a B20 station within 5-10 miles of our place I'd be filling there as well:cool:

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
Nice! Im jealous. I received a reply from Flying J that said they only carry B20 at one station in Illinois and do not have any plans to carry more any time soon.

I need an excuse to drive to Amarillo!

KingRancher

2004 F-250 King Ranch FX4
Reaction score
So how is the power with bio? Been reading up on it becouse I just purchesed a F-250 Super Duty 2004 and was looking into trying it but not sure about it. Does the milage stay the same or differ?

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Power is fine, Mileage sucks. 13.1 with B-20 as compared to 15 with Straight Diesel! Running a second straight tank cause some say it will clean out your fuel system and the mileage will get better. Going to see!

But At $2.55.9 and 40 miles out of the way for B-20 or $2.31.9 for Reg D it's not a hard choice!! I will be talking to the flying j and the shell where i buy fuel to see about getting B something. Willing to pay more but the mileage has to improve!!

pete

pete f350turbodiesel
Reaction score
bio diesel

For what its worth.We can now buy bio diesel up here in Canada but I was told by my Ford dealership Mec.Get ready to change your fuel filters after about 1000 miles as the bio diesel does a great job at cleaning the tank and lines and leaving the junk in the filters. He says ether burn one or the other .And dont jump back and forth. Like I said For what its worth Pete 2006 SD F350 crew cab XLT WB Styleside
6.0L TurboDiesel ( with a plow )

P.S You got a deal at 43------- Here in Canada my Truck Was 57.653.00 plus 15% sales tax IN CANADIAN DOLLARS.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
Rooster - have you figured out the fuel problems you noticed after this fillup? I felt a little responsible since I mentioned that station to you.

Let us know!

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Tx_Atty said:
Rooster - have you figured out the fuel problems you noticed after this fillup? I felt a little responsible since I mentioned that station to you.

Let us know!

Well I only drove once today. Pressure is still very erratic with no performance difference. I wish I could figure out how my Sony cam videos, I thought it was the "M" on the selector now I can't find the manual.

I don't think it was the fuel that's done it. There's no trash in my inspection bowl and the restriction gauge is at the same reading.:dunno I'll be tearing into my regulator Monday. I like my fingers, don't need frostbite.:crumm

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
pete said:
...Get ready to change your fuel filters after about 1000 miles as the bio diesel does a great job at cleaning the tank and lines and leaving the junk in the filters.

I barely made it 100 miles before my fuel filter restriction gauge increased 5 in. Hg. That may be what's causing my pressure issues.-popcorn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58