Question Fixing the HG myself, looking for instructions

dukeyaz

2004 F350 LWB 4X4
Reaction score
Update

Well gentlemen I decided to let the dealership do it and I am now regretting that decision. I thought it would be great to have some kind of warranty just in case I messed up.
Now they say I have 3 injectors that have cracks in the cases that are not caused by normal wear and tear. Service adviser said that when someone did the FICM (Fuel Injection Control Moduel) or Wiring Harness repair damaged my injectors. However that was 2 to 4 years ago. However they are only $285 my cost, yeah lucky me. He's not sure how long they will last. I told him to chuck 'em back in.
After Dune season the truck will be up for sale or traded in.......http://www.superdutydiesel.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which dealer? Was it Berge, or Earnhardt? San Tan is usually pretty good from what I have heard, I don't know about Superstition, since they changed ownership.

BTW, take a look at www.azpsg.org It is a bunch of local arizona guys.

creeper

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear about your poor experience at the dealer. unfortunately the good diesel techs are few and far between. most of the them are just parts hangers and have no clue how to wrench on a diesel engine. engine removal is always the best way to go for head studs. there are just to many alignment issuses with cab removal. especially crew cabs ( slapping forehead ). i am a ford diesel tech and have done my share of modifying 7.3, 6.0, and now 6.4. for what its worth were not all hack jobs out to steal your money. i enjoy what i do and it shows in my workmanship. which is probably why i have a huge following of guys i do work for on the side

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear about your poor experience at the dealer. unfortunately the good diesel techs are few and far between. most of the them are just parts hangers and have no clue how to wrench on a diesel engine. engine removal is always the best way to go for head studs. there are just to many alignment issuses with cab removal. especially crew cabs ( slapping forehead ). i am a ford diesel tech and have done my share of modifying 7.3, 6.0, and now 6.4. for what its worth were not all hack jobs out to steal your money. i enjoy what i do and it shows in my workmanship. which is probably why i have a huge following of guys i do work for on the side
It's great to have real Ford Diesel Techs here on the SDD Forum. Welcome, hope to see you around! Your location; B-F-G ?

dukeyaz

2004 F350 LWB 4X4
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments and info. Got the rig back last week. Drove it (40miles) to work and could smell coolant. Popped the hood and coolant spraying all over. Called San Tan Ford and explained the situation. Filled her with coolant and drove her on back to the dealership. Apparently you (the dealer tech) need to tighten radiator hose clamps? Anyway other than that she is running great.
BTW, they said the pulled the cab on mine.
Supposedly the injector damage was done by Earnhardt Ford.
Big test next week as I pull the toy-hauler to the dunes.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
every time I am at SANTAN I see cabs in the air lol ,, missing the radiator clamps is kinda lame

how much?? $$

dukeyaz

2004 F350 LWB 4X4
Reaction score
Talked 'em down to $3800 out the door with ARP head studs. Originally wanted to do it for $4600 with the studs. I woul dprobably just go to Kens Diesel or Strictly Diesel in the future.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ouch!

I hope mine go under warranty
and as soon as I have ARP's the EGR and cooler are out off there as well

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member