Foglamps

teamroper60

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Are they the same?? No.... You can substitute the 9005 Silverstars for the 9145's though.:cowboy:

Invader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much, the 9006 sure looks close though, but probably runs hotter. I'll check out the 9005's then

Jon

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
one thing i discovered saturday whilst removing dead bird from the lower grill and fog lamp area.
the plastic nut plates that the adjustment screw go through where stripped and the lamp would not stay aimed.
replaced them with two self locking nyloc nuts

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
invader, have used the 9005's in place of the 9145's on all three of my Excursions...
the "fog" lamp is not needed here in Texus, so putting in a 55Watt bulb in place of the 34 ? watt 9145, made QUITE a difference once the lamps wee aligned !!!

strokin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
this is a little off subject, but I was wondering where the wiring harness comes through for the fog lights on a 6.0. I don't have fog lights now but i'm thinking about getting them.

Invader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a set of PIAA fog lights, they are probably cheaper than over the counter stock ones(ford). Wiring harness I have no idea. Buy a haynes manual. I would think the wiring for lights will be the same as gas engines.. I don't know just a guess.

hdlouie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
DITTO on the bird near the fog lamp. Took a 2000 mile trip and when I came back and wash the truck I found it. In fact I forgot to take it out, I must get that thing out.

By the way I did have to turn off my head lights sometimes, but leave the fog lamps on when on coming cars kept flashing flashing me because I had a lot of weight in the bed, and that pickup my low beams too high. I really think my low beams are to high without weight.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
strokin said:
this is a little off subject, but I was wondering where the wiring harness comes through for the fog lights on a 6.0. I don't have fog lights now but i'm thinking about getting them.

I agree...
the stock lamps are cute, but for the money you can get better aftermarket ones....

strokin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
sounds good. Hey thanks for the help everybody. But first i'm thinking about getting gauges. Fuel Pressure, oil pressure, and trans temp. The egts, and boost will come with the chip or water/methanol injection.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58