Ford recall 1.8M trucks and SUV - 7.3L CPS!! **Main Discussion thread**

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Took awhile for them to get around to this:rolleyes: Cost effective for them now that the darned things are only $15 a pop now:dizzy

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
What good is the damned recall now that most of us have already replaced the CPS "out of pocket" over the span of the last several years.:rant -mad

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
Look how many have purchased a new one for $15 and replaced it themselves. How many of the recent replacers will bother with going in to get the new one????? What a great move for Ford.
Jim

dmd

Reaction score
I have a replacement one in it (old style), and a spare in the glove box. I plan
on getting them to replace the one in the engine... BUT they probably want
to keep it for 2 days... If that is the case I wont bother..

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This Kinda Thing... Is ...Exactly ... What ..Drives me to be so Sceptical and Distrusting about the BIG 3 & BIG ANYTHING.

My Smoke & Mirrors ti raids.:rant :rant

They have Departments that watches this sort of stuff.

ONLY after X millions of dollars in damage and/or X numbers of folks killed or injured, due to a part or system failure, will they admit it. THEN.... they do research and planning to figure out the optimum time to admit it publicly.

In the piece, Ford sez: No deaths or injuries have occured. A few minor accidents have occured. YA, RIGHT.

I knew this CPS thing was in the Class Action/NTSB works, and I kinda felt something was coming when a CPS went from $100+ dollars, to $25 or less.

Deja Vue ?

I can't even guess how many times I've thought about the CPS crapp'n out as I'm going down the "Grape Vine" (I-5)
or "Cuesta Grade" (101) with my Family in the truck and the FW in tow.:eek: :eek: NO Brakes, No PS....:eek: :eek:

Last edited:

dmd

Reaction score
Article says you will have brakes and PS while going over 30mph.... It is the
30-zero that would be the hard part... Better get it pointed right and hope
it will slow down fast!!

Flying a plane is easy... Just the landing that can be rough..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58