Ford recall 1.8M trucks and SUV - 7.3L CPS!! **Main Discussion thread**

garydee

Where am I?
Reaction score
My 2000 went out just after I purchased it with 62K on it. Second day home, I went to start it and "that was that". I purchased it from a good dealership. They towed it to Ford, replaced the CPS and I got 2 new batteries at the same time on their dime! I was lucky this time.

My question is, if the CPS was replaced in the 2003 / 2004 time frame, whats the chance it got another "crappy" one then?

GaryDee

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2000 went out just after I purchased it with 62K on it. Second day home, I went to start it and "that was that". I purchased it from a good dealership. They towed it to Ford, replaced the CPS and I got 2 new batteries at the same time on their dime! I was lucky this time.

My question is, if the CPS was replaced in the 2003 / 2004 time frame, whats the chance it got another "crappy" one then?

GaryDee

No way of knowing. The old CPS's have been known to be Bad Outa The Box. Yours may last for ????, our may crap out in ???? The New & Improved CPS, on the Recall is supposed to be a better quality (what ever that is) CPS.

Take yer PSD to the Dealer and get it replaced. But because the one you have now, is still good... ask them to give it to you and put it in yer Cubby as a spare ?

Just My .03 :dunno

twt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CPS ?

I took my truck in for the recall last week, it took about 20 min & now it seems to run a little better. I still have a spare in the glove box , just in case. I put three in myself & dont have the receipts:dunno

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the recall done on Saturday. Had one replaced about 50,000 miles ago under warranty. Dealer is going to try and get my $100 back. Still planning on getting a good blue one for a spare anyway.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my recall done on Friday and on the way home had the front hub lock up and had to replace that also.

mike7.3d

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i recently just bought my 2002 f350. from a pivate owner. i did not know of a recall on this year. can i still take it to the dealer??

dogtrk

Pat
Reaction score
i recently just bought my 2002 f350. from a pivate owner. i did not know of a recall on this year. can i still take it to the dealer??

I don't see why not--it's a legitimate recall. I never got a letter, took my truck over to the dealer and it was done, no questions asked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg