fpr how to?

big bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anybody out there know how to do this mod., let me know and what parts i need. thanks! i've learned more since i joined this forum than from talking with all my friends, wished i had join sooner.:sweet:clap:

MattM

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
When I click on the "How to shim the FPR" link, there are no pictures? I am intersted in doing this mod, but would like visual back up. Anybody know where pictures can be obtained?

Thanks

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
clearer...thanks!

And.... When yer done shimming the FPR ? There is another "fer cheap" mod you can do to help eliminate AIR from the fuel system.

Eliminate the QD (Quick Disconnect) type fitting on the inlet (from the tank) end of the Fuel Pump. (under the driver side, on the inside of the frame rail)

The fitting Ford used is more of a >pressure< type fitting. Under >suction<, air can (prolly is) be sucked in at that fitting.

All you need is about 16-18" of diesel friendly fuel hose and 2 band clamps.

Remove & Replace the QD fitting, and it's plastic line, with the fuel hose & 2 band clamps. Purdy self exsplanitory, if you crawl under yer truck'n look things over. If anyone is interested ? I'd be more than glad to exsplaine how I do the Mod. :dunno

Joe

If/when you do this Mod ? When you Fire'em up ? Stand back'n listen..yul hear yer 7.3 Cackle quiet down'n a bit, and the idle jiggle... smooooth out some. ;):sweet

big bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fpr shim

lost my print here awhile back, i suspect my wife when she cleaned my deaktop off, she threw away my printed copy. if u could show a link to or better yet show how the mod is done with pic's if u can. thanks ahead of time,

JRJ04

Reaction score
Well i decided to take a stab at this tonight...no such luck. i got the gauge installed and im surprised to report im sitting at approx 63 psi as is. Does this seem normal?

On to my problem though. I took off the part that is held on the the 2 torx screws, so far so good. Once I had it off, it took me a while to figure out what the brass sleeve was...the thing looked plastic until i took it out and hit on some metal. This is the brass sleeve right?

Finally, you are supposed to use #4 washers right?? I got 3 #4 stainless washers and those things are too big to fit INSIDE that brass sleeve. They are supposed to go INSIDE the brass sleeve correct? Is the spring supposed to fit through the center of the brass sleeve still? I dont see how that could increase the tension on the spring if it fits right through the washers.

Could someone please help me clear this up?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i decided to take a stab at this tonight...no such luck. i got the gauge installed and im surprised to report im sitting at approx 63 psi as is. Does this seem normal?

On to my problem though. I took off the part that is held on the the 2 torx screws, so far so good. Once I had it off, it took me a while to figure out what the brass sleeve was...the thing looked plastic until i took it out and hit on some metal. This is the brass sleeve right?

Finally, you are supposed to use #4 washers right?? I got 3 #4 stainless washers and those things are too big to fit INSIDE that brass sleeve. They are supposed to go INSIDE the brass sleeve correct? Is the spring supposed to fit through the center of the brass sleeve still? I dont see how that could increase the tension on the spring if it fits right through the washers.

Could someone please help me clear this up?

AFTER you remove the 2 torx screws, the CAP Comes off.. That's pot metal.

The spring is inside the Brass Sleeve that is INSIDE the filter housing. Take it out.

The #4 SS washer's Outside diameter is micro close to the Inside diameter of the brass sleeve. Because you had 63 psi for a base line.. put 2 washers in the sleeve. put the spring back in the sleeve, put the sleeve back in the filter housing, put the cap back on.. and the tighten the screws back down EQUALY... so you don't snap/break the pot metal ears where the screws pass through.

The #4 SS washers you need are available at Radio Shack. In the section that has all the Micro stuff for doing electronic projects. (All them Drawers ?)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14