Freaking Insane: Snakes Part II

Reaction score
Okay - no more mister nice guy - they can forget the coffee and pastries -mad (see previous post "SNAKES!!")

We are up to snake number 5 now - wife found one by the back door last night - grabbed a shovel and beat the crap out of it. Daughter let's out a scream this morning - snake on her bedroom floor - picture number one - dead :sweet
Perform another sweep of the basement - snake in second photo in bathroom - not dead - yet -

This is just freaking stupid - where the #&@^%$# are they coming from. Been in this house for over 15 years now and never had anything like this before!

Ron

img_0093_std.jpg

img_0094_std.jpg

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
rgdillon said:
This is just freaking stupid - where the #&@^%$# are they coming from. Been in this house for over 15 years now and never had anything like this before!

You've got a nest under the house or near the foundation. Prolly time to call in the reinforcements.

Maintain

Platinum Edition
Reaction score
Those snakes you are showing are harmless, and the worst thing you could get is an infection if the snake bites you and you do not clean it properly.

Unfortunately people can not live with animals so we kill them, mostly out of ignorance. I'd think of it this way, would you rather have snakes or mice? Rather then killing the animals, try to figure out why they are all of a sudden coming around! Remove/deal with the reason and voila, no more snakes!

I have my views you have yours, do what you will I'm just trying to help.

Reaction score
Maintain said:
Those snakes you are showing are harmless, and the worst thing you could get is an infection if the snake bites you and you do not clean it properly.

Unfortunately people can not live with animals so we kill them, mostly out of ignorance. I'd think of it this way, would you rather have snakes or mice? Rather then killing the animals, try to figure out why they are all of a sudden coming around! Remove/deal with the reason and voila, no more snakes!

I have my views you have yours, do what you will I'm just trying to help.

Understand your view - so far 1 removed by Animal Control - 2 have been released in the woods behind me - 2 killed. No problem as long as they stay outside where they belong - just not this many in the house in a short time span. My house is not that big - in addition I am constantly working in various parts - so it's not like they could have hidden here for years as my basement is completely finished aside from the furnace room and 3 ft of of wall in the laundry room.
So ya got me - I'd much rather keep them out than dealing with them inside.

Ron

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
rgdillon said:
- 2 have been released in the woods behind me -
Thats the two that you just caught. They liked the coffee and pastries and came back for seconds. I think I would call the exterminator..

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can put sulpher out around the perimeter of the house and along the foundation. This is what we had to do to keep the nasty things (scorpions) and other junk from getting into the house. The sulpher will cause them to stay away and not come up to the house.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
wholly cow batman
i leave for five days and you have babies:D
i agree with stroker, sounds like a moma snake had some chillins, under your house

we had them like that at work once , they gave birth inside the hollows of the concrete block outer walls, but ours were water mocassins:eek: :eek:

another thing to think about is a food source, something drew moma snake there to roost,

at any rate i would be on a massive extermination or seek a source to make your house inhospitable for them.

I would have freaked if one had dropped by mybedroom for an early morning chat :eek: :eek:
you better watch the numbers you are boarding, VA will start to tax you as a ZOO keeper:roflmao

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58