Friggen Ford and there damn 6 ohhhhhhhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCPThrill

PowerStroker
Reaction score
I have had people tell me in the construction business that the "torq****"(that's what they called it) stinks. Also I didn't know that it is all electronic solinoid controlled, unlike the 4R100 with mechanical valves.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LCPThrill said:
I have had people tell me in the construction business that the "torq****"(that's what they called it) stinks. Also I didn't know that it is all electronic solinoid controlled, unlike the 4R100 with mechanical valves.

Are you talking about the 5 speed tranny ????

That's the best part of the package from everyone I speak to !

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LCPThrill said:

I'm not sure what they are talking about either? :dunno Haulin' my 10k# camper through the Skyline Drive and Blueridge Parkway the TS did awesome. Did almost 300 miles of climbing and descending on these roads.
I will admit this though, I liked it better before the last flash which I heard was tweaked for the little grocery bagger complainers about it shifting too hard in Tow/Haul mode. Why were they in Tow/Haul anyway :confused:

LCPThrill

PowerStroker
Reaction score
The guy at ITP told me this and said it shifted like it had 200,000 mi on it.

But I can't give advise, I haven't even test driven one yet. So this is just one guy's opinion.

P.S. to the moderator
sorry for the tranny name in some forums you can say that.

Green '03

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Any independent tranny guy I've spoken to speaks highly of the tranny. I know mine has been flawless. Not hearing of many problems with them either here or at some of the other diesel sites. Funny that all those thousands of people have kept quiet just about their trannies?

AK HDM

Reaction score
I've got a 2004 6.0 with torqshift, & other than having an injector fail & take out the FICM at 8000mi. :( , it hasn't given any problems; near 20000 mi. now. I use it mostly to haul the skidsteer or pull the travel trailer. Have had it to western MT. and around Alaska. It really works great in the hills, it pulls the hills as fast as you want. Sure it downshifts and winds up to 3500RPM, but thats the way it was designed. The engine will turn 4000turns-no load. The engine braking in T/H on down grades is great. I haven't had anything outpull it on the hills yet. :thumbs
Just my $.02
Mike

VIZARD

"Saddle up!"
Reaction score
Generally I have found that once someone thinks they have been burned more than once with these trucks they resort to complaining to any one who will listen. Naturally, no one could possibly own a good one because they all have to be bad.

In in his first post I read no attempts seeking advise or resolution to his problems. A lot of very aggressive venting. Hell of a way to start.

Then we see that there have been no fuel filter changes in 62,000 miles. This precludes that his adherence other normal maintenance items would be less than credible.

His statement that the fuel filters were clean mean nothing except a feeble attempt to justify his lackadaisical approach to standard maintenance practices.

You typically reap what you sow.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
VIZARD said:
Generally I have found that once someone thinks they have been burned more than once with these trucks they resort to complaining to any one who will listen. Naturally, no one could possibly own a good one because they all have to be bad.

In in his first post I read no attempts seeking advise or resolution to his problems. A lot of very aggressive venting. Hell of a way to start.

Then we see that there have been no fuel filter changes in 62,000 miles. This precludes that his adherence other normal maintenance items would be less than credible.

His statement that the fuel filters were clean mean nothing except a feeble attempt to justify his lackadaisical approach to standard maintenance practices.

You typically reap what you sow.

very well said, lets keep this stuff at TDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58