Friggen Ford and there damn 6 ohhhhhhhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjstef

Big Sky Country.........
Reaction score
VIZARD said:
Generally I have found that once someone thinks they have been burned more than once with these trucks they resort to complaining to any one who will listen. Naturally, no one could possibly own a good one because they all have to be bad.

In in his first post I read no attempts seeking advise or resolution to his problems. A lot of very aggressive venting. Hell of a way to start.

Then we see that there have been no fuel filter changes in 62,000 miles. This precludes that his adherence other normal maintenance items would be less than credible.

His statement that the fuel filters were clean mean nothing except a feeble attempt to justify his lackadaisical approach to standard maintenance practices.

You typically reap what you sow.

Find me one that runs right and i will change my opinion. Haven't found one yet!! I sponsored 3 Ford Diesel rallys at my fathers campground in Florida the last being in "02" Ford was there bragging up there 6.0 and THAT is why i bought 1! You would not have found a bigger supporter of ford than me. Go look at some of my 2800 posts at TDS from the last 4 years BEFORE the 6.0 came out!! Then start in May of "03" and see what i have went through with this boat anchor!! I had a shop there and sold Exhaust, Intakes, Chips ect. modded 100's of 7.3's I NEVER had one go south on me!! Hell we did 6 pre-pump mods in one afternoon in "02" I know my way around diesels as i have been wrenching on them for almost 20 yrs!!!!

The 6.0 is just not going to be a dependable motor compared to the 7.3! as far as the fuel filter goes blow me!! I was getting 50-75K on my 7.3's fuel filters as most of my fuel goes through a $2 filter in my bed tank! There is no reason to change them more often than that!! After i changed them the truck runs NO DIFFERENT!! I sure don't think i'll see 200K out of this 6.0 like i did on 5 different 7.3's!! Again, Bring me a good one to drive and i'll change my opinion! As of yet i haven't found one!!! Tell me why 7 different visits to 5 different dealers can't get this pig to move off the line with a load!!

:cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Last edited:

VIZARD

"Saddle up!"
Reaction score
No mjstef (or is it DH?) I am not going to blow you. And if I did, you certainly would not like my approach since I was never taught to shoot to maim.

My post did not accuse you of having no diesel experience, however in hindsight I should have accused you of having no human experience.

You start a thread for no reason except to bitch and lay down the word of mjstef as if someone might care. Bitch at Ford if you must but, no reason to wear out people here.

I don't think Ford is going to be to concerned about loosing customers like you. You create some of your own problems then blame someone else for your bad day.

Most folks here could probably care less about your last four years at TDS and 2800 posts. In fact, many came here to get away from TDS. You may be a part of their reason.

With all that said, I don't doubt that you have had an abnormal amount of problems. The 6.0's that are bad, are very bad and yours could certainty be one of them. Since I don't know your history I do not know why you would not have pursued a buy back before you ever got to the 5th dealer. Maybe you did and were unsuccessful.

Just for a future point of reference, I have an excellent truck at almost 20,000 miles. Only trip to dealer was to get A/C reprogrammed and get one of those crap General tires replaced. I have over 20 other friends that work in the trades, all with 6.0 engines and no problems, albeit, some of us wish we could get the mileage others are getting.

As a faithful Ford truck buyer for many years, why would you leave them after one bad apple. Would you give up on women if one pissed you off that bad?

If it is creating this much stress in your life get rid of it. Life is way to short to stress out over a truck.

BTW here's the address to the Duramax site.

www.gm-diesel.com

Hope you have a good weekend.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
VIZARD said:
Most folks here could probably care less about your last four years at TDS and 2800 posts. In fact, many came here to get away from TDS.

:D :sweet

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here we go again...
Dang - where's our next stop to get away from this ????

My "bad" month 03 6-oh has 52k miles and while I'm not the most stringent about maintenance...
it still is the best vehicle I've ever had....

We were test driving new cars for the wife and the Infinity FX45's while nice are not even half the car the X is !

And actually had some fun with a Mini Cooper S on the way back....
thought he was bad ass running in the left lane blocking traffic for about 10 miles - cutting people off as they tried to go around him on the right ...
I was nice since the wife was with me, but finally he blocked me with a full throttle push as I eased around him on the right...

so I turned on all 6 BRIGHT lights, pulled in REAL close behind him as he slowed to stop traffic again and the next opening I saw him downshift to accelerate and block me again....

He had NO chance as I blew by him with the tuner not even on the high setting....
wish I had thought of that so I could'a smoked him out...
from 60 to 90 I not only caught him from 2 car lengths back,
but put 3 car lengths on him with ease...

He still thought he was bad ass as he tried to pass again :)
(guess he was a slow learner :) )

then he slipped back and started bothering others :cussing:

Last edited:

LCPThrill

PowerStroker
Reaction score
I don't know VIZARD my sister had a duramax and she sounded like mjstef, but then it would be the duramax forums bitch fest.

To tell the truth it is sad to see grown people go at it, but very entertaining!

P.S.
I have a hauler for the construction company I work for that has 180,000mi on his 6.0 and that is at or near max DOT regulations, and it is still hauling. So I am sory for your lemon but as already stated this is why many of us left TDS, but be a man and get over it

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
This thread has been beat to death with no real specific direction or technical advice being sought or given. Time to put a fork in it guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58