Gasoline in fuel!!! ...WTF!?!?!

Eubee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I am in need of some quick assistance.

Truck has no power, can barely move itself. What happens if gasoline is run through instead of diesel fuel oil?

Scenario: Headed to class this afternoon. Started trip ok, but 5 minutes in, started shifting wierd (different shift points and firmness than normal); not but half mile after that she started bucking a little and lost power.

Symptoms: no power, long crank to start (crank rpms are fine), Autoenginuty scantool shows nothing out of the ordinary, no smoke out exhaust.

Thought: I just filled up at a gas station that I have never bought diesel at before. Used diesel pump, reciept shows diesel was purchased. Drained a bit of fuel from the water/fuel separator into a white styrofoam cup. What came out looked awfully golden/yellowish and smelled more like gasoline than fuel oil. At the very bottom of the cup was a small splotch, about the size of two smushed peas, that was closer to the "green" that on-road diesel is. It actually looked blue-greenish because you had to look through the golden/yellow stuff that was on top.

Thanks all for any help.
--Jess

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
If you filled up with gas, you will have to get that gas out of there. I don't know about what you saw in the cup, could be just junk. Siphon as much gass out and replace it with FUEL. You will be OK. By the way, fill out your signature. Go to the USER CP button above.

Dave

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
I would go back to that station and complain. If it is gas in your tank then you won't be the only one with problems. Get them to pay for your drain job, filters and fresh diesel.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
yeah, f*** it.
drain the tank, and fill with known diesel fuel.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X3 on going back to the station. that was some good info that iracemine gave as well. I had a buddy put diesel in his Harley, it didn't run well either.

Eubee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the gas station owner claims that no other customers have come back about gasoline in their diesel. He says there is really nothing he can/will do unless multiple people complain. I talked to one of my cousins, whom is a reporter for the local newspaper, and she said there have not been any complaints that they have heard of.

Symptoms are getting worse. Started where it would idle fine, but had no power/bogged down when you pressed the go pedal. Then it would idle fine, but nothing would happen when you press the go pedal. Now, it is very hard to start (long crank time before fire), will barely stay idling (very low rpm), idles very rough (similar to a bad misfire), and the scan tool will not connect anymore. I am starting to think this is an electrical problem. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58