Gidday from a Western Australian...

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
How did the 6.0 sound compared to the 7.3? I've always loved the sound of the 7.3, never heard any other V8 diesels apart from Chev V8 Diesel converted Nissan Patrols, and LandCruiser 200 series 4.5L V8 Diesels. Nothing has sounded as good as the 7.3 to me yet. But we dont have a lot of V8 diesels.

Yeah, we speak english, but still don't say the same things. I dunno who's the weird ones! But calling a tiny tube of metal a bull bar?? It's quite the opposite of what we call them. That either gets called a tiny piece of metal tube, or a nudge bar.

The the V8 Supercars is a big thing here. It's on ever 2nd weekend I think here... Don't quite remember, I don't watch it much anymore. I started to get tired of the racing. It's all just going around and around in the same away around the same corners and down the same straights. So, I'm a rally fan, and Ken Block who have tobe pretty much the best driver. What I love about rally I guess is the danger, the huge variations all the time, the jaw dropping driving techniques... and I love it when someone enters a big Aussie V8 sedan in a rally. Most cars are smaller like Subies/ Mitsu/ Toyotas all the rest, but there's one car in particular that I've seen, and love. It's not a Ford, no one has entered any Falcon sedans, It's a Holden Commodore SS 6.0L V8. Most entertaining rally car I've seen locally!

Not all Holden motors are from GM, the V6's as far as I know arent. With Ford, the winning engine is the straight 6, which is one of the best sixes around, and Holden have the V8's covered. Ford Performance Vehicles have the fastest V8 in the Falcons they send out, it's the engine from the Mustang, but supercharged, which means 335 kW.

REAL wagons are definitely dying. Which is sad! Even Holden's Sportwagon is half the size the wagon used to be! But the wagons are about half or Commodore sales! Clearly people want the space, but also want it to look good. So Ford need to develop a brand new wagon, full size, but good looking! I'm actually designing a new wagon myself... trying to get a shape that I like, but keeping it full size. When I'm finished, I'll probably send a electronic copy to the R&D guys at Ford, whether they decide to use it for anything is up to them.

Old wagons are awesome, especially some of the wagons you had in the USA. 71-72 Squire wagons are one that I like.

Muscle cars aren't really dead here... we have HSV (Holden Special Vehicles) and FPV (Ford Performance Vehicles) who both produce the fastest Falcons and Commodores you can buy. All V8, except two of the FPV models are turboed sixes, which are very very quick. Unfortunately, we don't have the Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, or aanything else. Most of Australia wants the Mustang, but the only way is to buy from a small importer... or import yourself. Convertible Mustangs would be my choice, always loved convertibles.

If the vehicle is younger than 30 yrs, then you must convert it. If it is older, you don't have to, but in some states you have to have stickers saying 'CAUTION LEFT HAND DRIVE'. Not in Western Australia though.

What would the rules be if you wanted to import an Aussie car?

Depending on what you do to the 6.0 like exhaust, it sounds like a jet engine. The variable turbo just sounds cool. Loud wooshing sound. My cousins sounds mean. Its got turbo back 4" exhaust with a 6" tip. And hes got a chip on it. I havnt had the pleasure of riding in it but it will roast the 35's no prob. Even a stock 6.0 is nasty. Real hotrod truck. Only way I'd buy a 6.0 is if it already had the headstuds and egr done. Too expensive to fix those probs for me.

Your v8 supercars are probably like our NASCAR here. Drivers always changing rides, sponsors etc. Plus the cars arent the actual cars anymore. I like the racing from way back when they were cars converted to nascar. Good ole days. Rally is awesome. I dont get to watch it but I am a big fan of Ken Block. Hes got some pretty sweet videos.

I dont know the procedure for importing an aussie car here. Probably just as expensive. Dont know if we would have to convert the steering. Never thought about it actually. I'd love to have a mad max falcon. Go ahead and find one for me! haha

Aussie F Truck

Wants a 7.3 F250...
Reaction score
V8 Supercars is basically like NASCAR. I get to see a Australian Rally Championship event down here. The cars do a tarmac night special stage here in Busselton, and then head out to do the offroad stages in Nannup, amoungst the pine tree plantations around there.

I've always thought about us importing your cars, but there would probably be some people exporting ours there. GM exported some Commodores SS sedans and rebadged them a Pontiac G8s. We even got a few limited editons with the pontiac front bumper.

Most of us want a Mad Max falcon coupe! Not gunna happen though. There's only one replica I know of (don't think any originals exist anymore), but apparently the owner ain't selling soon. Besides, I think its about 3000 km away from here, and I don't even have learners yet! Hafta wait till you're 16 to get learners here... 3 months to go.
I can find you a Falcon coupe, and then YOU can convert it to a Mad Max monster. I'm not paying for it. However, I would find, buy, and convert a Falcon coupe to MM spec, if you find a buy a mint 59' Cadillac Eldorado Biarittz Convetible...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14