GM-Ford wars

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
The guys at dieselplace are bashing the 08 superduty because they have nothing to talk about on their new junk. They dont like fords dash or the superduty stampings in the grill or tailgate. I think they need to get used to the thought of number 2.:D

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Yeap,

We have a big war going on in 2008, everyone has new trucks and new engines.

It is going to to be interesting, but I think FORD will come out ON TOP :D

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
Oh what will they do when GM and Ford murge and they become one. Hopefully the Ford will not go backwards to meet the lower standards of GM. :)
Jim

dieselp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am not so sure gm has got the allison and the duramax is a great motor and there trucks have few problems compared to fords 6.0 problems. I think if they choke on the new 6.4 like they did on the 6.0 ford might be where gm was in the 80's and 90's with there diesels not worth a dam i mean how many of you will buy if the 6.4 has the same reliability probs as the 6.0. the 7.3 was a great motor and had a great reputation ford needs to get that back i think if they screw up it is going to be real bad for them.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
i believe the allison is a great trans but as for the duramax they have had problems with them just like the 6.0 in 03. Thier trucks have many problems that i know of, front end, electrical, fuel delivery. The fords should easily make it over the new silverados and serrias.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
i am from michigan and all the talk here is about gm aliance, everyday on the news they are talking about the same thing that it is a go, but anything with any auto maker could change any second so they may be backing out:dunno

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont think the 7.3 would work too well with the new emission standards..everyone was gonna have to make changes to there engines sooner or later.. btw i love my 6.0 gonna keep it long time

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58