GM-Ford wars

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Chevy owners slamming the new Fords, things never change.

As for me, I would rather push my 6.0 than drive a Duramax, or worse, a DODGE!

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Same here go with international no izusu here. Let them slam us, they probably dont even know what piles they have to choose from.

bcarricarte

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok Ok I'm over hear from the dieselplace. I own an 05 dmax, but also a 7.3 so I stumble over hear from time to time. I saw that new ford and I liked it. I dont mean to offend but out of the cummins dmax and the 6.0 I'd have to say that I dislike the 6.0 the most.(Yes I've driven them all. One brother has a cummins and the other a 6.0powerstroke). The 6.0 is extremely loud, slow, and unsmooth in my opinion.(Just my opinion from driving all three, powerstroke owners please dont go crazy) I think if ford makes this 6.4 quieter, smoother, and a quicker than the than its predecessor, I think it'll be a big hit. I like the style of the truck A LOT. Tough but still nice looking. I think the interior blows away the new GM and dodge interior. The step in the tailgate is a gimmick, but I'm sure it'll draw in some more people. I dont know what the difference is than just standing in the bed of the truck, except the step is probably more unsafe. I like the new fords a lot. The 7.3 has proved to be a great engine, but I'm sorry to say that I was dissapointed by the 6.0. Hopefully this 6.4 will be sweet so I can have another reason to start liking the fords again.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
bcarricarte said:
Ok Ok I'm over hear from the dieselplace. I own an 05 dmax, but also a 7.3 so I stumble over hear from time to time. I saw that new ford and I liked it. I dont mean to offend but out of the cummins dmax and the 6.0 I'd have to say that I dislike the 6.0 the most.(Yes I've driven them all. One brother has a cummins and the other a 6.0powerstroke). The 6.0 is extremely loud, slow, and unsmooth in my opinion.(Just my opinion from driving all three, powerstroke owners please dont go crazy) I think if ford makes this 6.4 quieter, smoother, and a quicker than the than its predecessor, I think it'll be a big hit. I like the style of the truck A LOT. Tough but still nice looking. I think the interior blows away the new GM and dodge interior. The step in the tailgate is a gimmick, but I'm sure it'll draw in some more people. I dont know what the difference is than just standing in the bed of the truck, except the step is probably more unsafe. I like the new fords a lot. The 7.3 has proved to be a great engine, but I'm sorry to say that I was dissapointed by the 6.0. Hopefully this 6.4 will be sweet so I can have another reason to start liking the fords again.

no offense taken here man. we all have our own ideas and opinions about we like. i like chevys and dodges (please don't start throwin rocks at me yet guys) LOL, i just like certain makes and models of each.

thats what makes this country so great, you can drive a chevy, because you like it, and i can drive a ford, because i like it, and after all is said and done, we can still be friends and have a great time talkin trucks.

dMerre89

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
yeh but u guys need to realize somethin.. the duramax has only been out since 2001, powerstroke has been out for about twice as long. So I think GM is doin pretty good to just get into the Diesel a couple years ago. Just my opinion. I like both strokers and the duramax's. I drive an 06 LBZ at work and havent had a problem yet (39,000mi.)

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats one thing i dont like bout my 6.0 is its pretty noisey engine wise.. i have straight pipe now so it shuts it up lil bit, but i feel theirs less noise inside the interior of the ford, over the gm trucks, i havent been in too many new dodges but, just wind noise and rattling, just my opinion. but every truck has its +s-s and the new fords are growing on me lil bit, we havent even seen the harley trucks yet, im sure there bad ace, but havent seeen new gm hd's yet, so were gonna have to wait, before we can really start talkin

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
nascar_fan28 said:
thats one thing i dont like bout my 6.0 is its pretty noisey engine wise.. i have straight pipe now so it shuts it up lil bit, but i feel theirs less noise inside the interior of the ford, over the gm trucks, i havent been in too many new dodges but, just wind noise and rattling, just my opinion. but every truck has its +s-s and the new fords are growing on me lil bit, we havent even seen the harley trucks yet, im sure there bad ace, but havent seeen new gm hd's yet, so were gonna have to wait, before we can really start talkin

that sounds like an oxy moroon to me, the engines too noisy, but you have straight pipes ?

growin up around big trucks all my life and goin on trips with my dad, that was the one thing i looked forward too, a big noisy CAT, the whine of the turbo when you put the pedal to the medal, and goin down hill with the jake brakes on.

diesels were meant to be NOISY, come on already.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
i love the sound of a noisy diesel just sounds mean also check the general motors in general discussion for picks of the hiddeous GM & Churvy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58