God's Country

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
When is a good time of year, weather wise, to be there Mike :dunno

Depends Joe, peak tourist season is winding down now with Labor Day being kinda the end of it. For us locals Sept is THE best time to visit as the places start to empty out, but we can afford to play the weather a little more being here. Early to mid August is usually decent weather with lows in the 50's and highs in the mid 70's. September can be a gamble, I've been snowed on here Labor Day weekend.

Spend a day or three on YNP then drive on down to GTNP for a day or three, you'll love it.

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We did YP and GT last year. The trip was far too fast, and not nearly relaxing enough. I only was able to get my Fly Pole out once in the week we were there. That lasted a total of 45 minutes. Time for a return. Better warm up the Credit card machines.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Just watch where you step. Those big antlered animals like to leave deposits...:D

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Forgot to mention this, there was an older couple camping next to us and he was driving a beautiful grey/black 7.3L Superduty and was having some problems getting it started one morning. I was about halfway through a warm buttered cinnamon roll and a cup of camp coffee and was watching his woes. Wife says....."You gonna go help him?" I says.... "Lemme finish this roll and see if he has any luck" so I finish chowing down and can hear him tell the his wife he's sure he is having fuel problems. I step out of the camper and walk towards the truck (can see raw fuel fumes in the air) and tell him to pop the hood. I grabbed a screw driver and jumped his GPR for about 10 second and told him to hit the key. Fires right off...... pointed out the relay and what it did and what I did. Got a big thanks and off they went. Course his wife said "Dammit, I was hoping we could stay here in the shadows of the Tetons just one more night." :D

I finished the trip with an 11.4 average and the truck ran pretty nice, I think the 95 might have out pulled the 06. I had a little bit of coolant pukage on the hard pulls so I kept my foot out of it, there was definetly more go peddle left I just didnt want to use it and create a problem.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I see some game in them photo's :hunter

How much you grossing while getting the 11.4? I just got back from Valdez and ran right at 10.0 average grossing 16k. A bit low but normal with 35" rubber. I was around 8.9 after the 65mph road but get close to 11 on the 55 mph road for a 10.0 average.

Good job helping out the old fart :sweet Did you give him a SDD t-shirt or sticker?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14