Got my DIY kit today

johndeerebones

GOT PMS?
Reaction score
Hey bud how did the EBP sensor tube go?

Start to finish I would say it took me about 8 hours. I was very meticulous and took my time, kept my work area very clean, etc. I am a mechanic, so even when I had a couple poppet screws I couldn't get out and stuff I had the stuff to work with it right there. Knowing everything about it I would say it could be done in about 4 hours. If doing it again I would pull all 8 at once. I did one bank at a time, and do all the injectors at one sitting.

I will say this, get a stool and sit next to your vice. Makes life much easier for your back.

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
Haven't had time to do the EBP tube yet, but I did get the truck running top notch, boost is now normal. Had a bad boost leak I couldn't find but did. Now waiting on my new chip, next week, I will be doing a couple of small mods, and taking care of the EBP tube. Let me know how you like the injectors, I would love to do something like that, because that would be what I could afford.

johndeerebones

GOT PMS?
Reaction score
I can already tell I love the injectors, only thing I see is the fever wanting even more, but a cutom burned chip should help that out tremendously. Where was your boost leak at, pre or post turbo? I know exactly what you mean about affording them. Might do a little research though. If you are upgrading your splits you will either want to convert them to single shots or go with a hybrid or you will be using lots more HPOP oil than your pump can keep up with.

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
It was the little orange boot going from the intake plenum to the intake manifold. The clamp wasn't even close to tight. Got it fixed now though. Ya I would prolly go with Stage 2 single shots, should be good jump in horsepower over my stock sticks. But it will be awhile still though. Glad you like your injectors.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14