Has anyone else seen this?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PRODUCE MORE, which means DRILL, baby, DRILL and refine,refine,refine!!!

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
We cannot cut useage. That is a pipe dream. The idea that people are driving a whole lot of useless miles right now that they don't need to be driving is bupkus. Folks drive as much as they need to, and cannot cut back on the miles any more than they can cut back on going to work every morning. We can all do our part to reduce and conserve, but that will only get us a VERY SMALL improvement. The only way to get consumption under production is to PRODUCE MORE, which means DRILL, baby, DRILL!

Now, will signing an internet petition get that done? Sounds like slacktivism to me. My guess is it won't accomplish a thing. What you can do is read up on the congresspersons and senators you plan to elect this november and elect the ones that say DRILL in capital letters in their election brochures. We should have done that 10 years ago.

I agree! Anyone that says cut back your driving is an idiot:dizzy. People dont ride around just to ride around. Drilling and refining here in the US is the only way to reduce the price.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this and theres some good points here. The date of this is 4/20/07.

LONDON — Motorists around the world have been paying more for their gasoline over the past month as falling U.S. stocks of the motor fuel have helped to drive up global oil prices.

Although prices have eased this week, worries persist over tight fuel supply ahead of the U.S. summer driving season starting in late May after government data issued on Wednesday showed gasoline stocks there down for the 10th week running.

"The simple cause every year really is just this inability in the U.S. refining system to produce sufficient gasoline for the summer months," said Ray Holloway, director of the Petrol Retailers Association.

"It started a little earlier this year in the European market because of the problem with fuel quality in the U.K. That just brought forward the expected price increase," Holloway said.

Silicon contamination in gasoline damaged thousands of vehicles in the U.K in late February and early March.

According to figures released by Britain's Automobile Association (AA) on Wednesday, the cost of unleaded gasoline generally rose in March and this week the price hit $8.37 a gallon in the U.K, where a gallon is equivalent to 1.2 U.S. gallons.

"Price pressure will continue to build until the middle of August, because this year we have started from a higher threshold and crude oil is under pressure because of instability," said Holloway.

Drivers in the United States may wince over their seemingly high gasoline prices, but American retail fuel costs are positively inexpensive in light of what motorists elsewhere have to pay.

In the United States last month the average price of a gallon of unleaded gasoline was $2.87, according to worldwide March fuel price data published Wednesday by the U.K.'s Automobile Association.

Contrast that to the adjusted $7.35 it costs Norwegians for a gallon of unleaded, or the $8.37 Britons pay for their petrol, and the American costs are tame.

In the Netherlands drivers pay the equivalent of $7.52 per gallon, more than twice the American average.

Of the 26 European countries quoted in the AA data, none paid less per gallon on average than the United States.

According to Reuters data, gasoline prices were lower than in the United States only in countries where government subsidies play a significant part in cutting prices at the pump.

In Russia, where the government still occasionally tries to cap prices and control consumer gasoline costs, a gallon of gasoline costs a Muscovite the equivalent of $2.78.

To put this in perspective, the average monthly salary in Russia is 11,000 rubles, or $426. To fill up the 32-gallon tank of a 2006 Hummer H2 in Moscow would cost $88 — more than 20% of a Russian's monthly take-home pay.

Now this would make sents, If we (the US people) would spend more on thing MADE IN THE US this would drive up are stocks and oil prices would/should drop right?? I know, I'm :stir up thing arent tie...

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I agree! Anyone that says cut back your driving is an idiot:dizzy.

Color me an idiot then.:rolleyes:

People dont ride around just to ride around.

Why yes, yes they do, not only do we ride around for fun we also do it in more cars than we used to. Go back 50 years and the average home had 1 car that served the entire family. That car took dad on a round trip of 5 to 10 miles per day to work and back and took mom to the grocery store on the weekend and kids rode bikes. Now both mom and dad have a car or truck or SUV under their hind end along with each kid having their own set of wheels. Add a couple of toys such as boats, personal water crafts, motorcycles or atv's and an RV in there and I will argue your statement to the end of the world.

Drilling and refining here in the US is the only way to reduce the price.

It is one of the ways, conservation is also another. We cannot simply remain the largest fuel user on the face of the Earth and moan and whine about fuel prices. We must work to reduce our consumption, period!

We want all the things I mentioned above sitting in our driveways and we want Exxon/Mobile or BP/Amoco to subsidize it for us. Pathetic.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
We are the greatest nation on earth because of the energy we were able to supply to fuel our industrial age.

We didn't get were we are today by being "green" and I am not particularly inclined to sacrifice my way of life to become that way.

Energy cost more because of competition for limited resources.........hello, thank you Asia. We can't limit how much of the pie other nations consume but we can control how big the pie is by adding to it.

It makes no since to hammer on "energy industry greed" cause a)your biting the hand that is feeding you and b) they don't set prices...........Wall Street and other global markets dictate what the days price is going to be based on supply and demand.

As for drilling and exploration does anyone have an idea what it cost to bring one well in. Well I can tell you...............its about a 1 million per copy in the permian basin.

Look at this aeriel view...........all the white dots are wells. Think about each one taking 3 months to bring in at a cost of a million dollars each. It cost big bucks to supply what we all are so accustom to taking for granted.

Tbar

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
As for drilling and exploration does anyone have an idea what it cost to bring one well in. Well I can tell you...............its about a 1 million per copy in the permian basin.

The last well we punched (still not completed) is going to top 100 million. Thats just the bore, we will need to run it to the plant through 8 miles of exotic pipe (carbon steel with an inconel liner) to handle the service and that line will run a cool 10M.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's still raping the customer for profit.

My dad has a friend that is a inventor, he developed a spark plug that improved the way a gasser burned gas by 20%. Exxon showed up on his door step and gave him 6mil for the pat.. He asked what they were going to do with it. They said. destroy it. It's all about profit.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
It's still raping the customer for profit.

My dad has a friend that is a inventor, he developed a spark plug that improved the way a gasser burned gas by 20%. Exxon showed up on his door step and gave him 6mil for the pat.. He asked what they were going to do with it. They said. destroy it. It's all about profit.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tbar

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
Stroker you are right about Toys using fuel. But I think most people are feeling the pinch and are already driving less(work-home groceries-home) than they have in a long time. I bet lots of people who used to boat, RV, use TOYs on weekends have been affected buy the cost of fuel and have limited use of these toys already. Developing countries such as China and India will pick up ANY conserved fuel we dont use. Using less sounds great but just wont happen. The world uses more and more everyday. Screw the hippies and activists and drill and build refineries! We need more oil to lower prices. I think with alot of americans that this is the best option on the table.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58