Has anyone else seen this?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
. I think with alot of americans that this is the best option on the table.

I do not want this to turn into a political thread but I will say that if that is what option fits Americans the best then Americans better think long and think hard come November.

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tbar thats what I was talking about. Thanks for the link cuz I just caught the jest of it. I'd just like to know what a average person in Europe's monthly salary is.

Last edited:

INTERNATIONALPOWER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel prices are killing the economy and no one has a good answer on what to do.
What I know is that 5.39 a gallon for diesel is killing owner-operators and small trucking fleets alike on the west coast. It sucks for these people can't get fuel surcharge add to the bill to help cover over-head. We thank God every day that we are still making it work, but no truck can run empty anywhere.

Bobtailing is the thing I hate the most, and the thing is you still see trucks doing it around here.:dunno

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
Producing more wont help much if we cant refine it.;)

Same politicians that kept us from drilling kept us from building more refineries. Shocking to me how everyone wonders how this all came about. We haven't built a new refinery in 30 years, yet our fuel consumption has gone up some 300% over that period. And we wonder why we now have a supply problem? Vote with this in mind in November, lads.

How ya been Scott?

I'm not dead yet, by golly. :D I finally got the good stuff approved, and have been taking it since the middle of March. I feel great. haven't been sick a single day since i started to suppress my immune system with drugs (go figure, a suppressed immune system s healthier in my case than not!). This 40K a year drug is costing me 30 bucks a month. i love health insurance. Giving myself shots is really wierd, though. Trying to get used to that.

Anyway, keeping this quick so as not to hijack, I have some serious catching up to do, because I was sick most of last year, and missed out on a bunch of things like hunting, fishing, water skiing, and so forth that I want to do badly this year (skiing might be out unless it warms up here. Coldest Spring/summer I've ever seen. no kidding, it SNOWED 2 inches here day before yesterday. Global warming my butt!). One other thing I need to catch up on is taking care of the old superduty. She has 181K on her now, and she needs some lovin. Turbo rebuild is high on the list, and i think a front wheel hub may be coming up quickly. Maybe I'll start another thread, this isn't staying very short... :sorry

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
Stroker you are right about Toys using fuel. But I think most people are feeling the pinch and are already driving less(work-home groceries-home) than they have in a long time. I bet lots of people who used to boat, RV, use TOYs on weekends have been affected buy the cost of fuel and have limited use of these toys already. Developing countries such as China and India will pick up ANY conserved fuel we dont use. Using less sounds great but just wont happen. The world uses more and more everyday. Screw the hippies and activists and drill and build refineries! We need more oil to lower prices. I think with alot of americans that this is the best option on the table.

Besides, how much EXTRA do these toys really use in the grand scheme? 1%? Probably on the high end. So if everyone parked their boat, RV and motorcycle, we would acheive what? A 1% reduction in demand? At best? THis would be gobbled up by increased demand in Asia in less than a week.

As to the statement that Americans used to only have 1 car, well, Americans used to only have one person working per household, too! Not possible anymore, at starting salaries and costs of living in the US.

95 stroker, i don't want to date you, but I'll bet you paid less for your first house than i paid for my pickup truck. Salaries have not gone up enough to make up for those big differences. Families cannot make it on a single salary anymore unless the bread winner pulls in REALLY good money. That means two vehicles.

Look, I'll agree with reducing demand to an extent. MAYBE 2% all told. Lets even say 5%. That would be gobbled up by increased asian demand in a few months, and it would very negatively efect the US economy, and quality of life.

Reducing, while smart, is not the answer.

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoss I totally agree with you. Global warming is a bunch a crap in my opinion! After I leave this site I think I'll try to see if I can still buy some carbon footprints to make up for today when that kid in the rice burner thought he wanted to run'm! HA HA HA HA HA!

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Besides, how much EXTRA do these toys really use in the grand scheme? 1%? Probably on the high end. So if everyone parked their boat, RV and motorcycle, we would acheive what? A 1% reduction in demand? At best? THis would be gobbled up by increased demand in Asia in less than a week.

As to the statement that Americans used to only have 1 car, well, Americans used to only have one person working per household, too! Not possible anymore, at starting salaries and costs of living in the US.

95 stroker, i don't want to date you, but I'll bet you paid less for your first house than i paid for my pickup truck. Salaries have not gone up enough to make up for those big differences. Families cannot make it on a single salary anymore unless the bread winner pulls in REALLY good money. That means two vehicles.

Look, I'll agree with reducing demand to an extent. MAYBE 2% all told. Lets even say 5%. That would be gobbled up by increased asian demand in a few months, and it would very negatively efect the US economy, and quality of life.

Reducing, while smart, is not the answer.

I wont argue any of your point Scott, they are all valid as I think mine were too. We are an extremely wasteful and gluttonous society here in America, I think we can both agree upon that and if we want our gluttony to continue we had better be prepared to whip out the pocketbook.

As to my first home? I paid 100K for it so you had better have gotten one helluva nice truck for what you gave if equivalent. I am making 350% more today than I did when I entered THIS industry 20 years ago. I think relative inflation is close to that. I feel for the folks on fixed income but not for those that have chosen to remain stale in their job market or earning potential over the last 20 or 30 years. We cant save them all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58