Head Gasket?

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man you'd need a lot of exhaust gas back through the EGR to generate that much heat, but I suppose it is possible...

Going the really obvious route, are we sure the cap itself isn't cracked or have some similar malfunction? My Lincoln LS is known for coolant tank malfunctions at random. Same thing here maybe?

Since you're saying the coolant is clean, I can't see how the gasket could be leaking and not have it show up. It's not like you're just pumping air into it, it's air and fuel, and eventually exhaust.

budtoh3zo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cap is good been tested, it only happens when i work it like i said when im running 25-28 psi of boost is the only time it happens, if i unload my truck and run it empty and only see 20 psi it dont do it?

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You probably don't have any mechanical guages huh? It would be nice to see what the real temp of the coolant is, rather than "normal"...

Ya know, with you running a load on it, and making more boost, I wonder if that increase of heat coming from the intercooler isn't rising the coolant temp enough to make it boil out. Does the outside temp make any appreciable difference? does it happen at any particular ground speed or engine RPM?

budtoh3zo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The air intake temps dont get over 40*F unless im stoped. I looked at the coolant a little closer and there is a bunch of crap at the bottem, nothing floating on top then again if it was floating it would have been blown out. Also the outside temp is only about 20*F

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58