Heater Delamination?

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I don't really know if this goes here but since I'm running B100 I'll put it here, feel free to move it mods if you want.

The heating element in my Dahl seems to be coming apart.:confused: I'm wondering if it's the B100, I've burned around 50 gallons through the Dahl. Sheryl asked me to e-mail the pics to them and I'm still waiting for ole Bob to call me back after he talks to Baldwin.

View attachment 1436View attachment 1437View attachment 1438

How do I get the "attachment" box around the pics?

If Baldwin says the element isn't bio compatible what can I do? I still want to run the 2 micron Dahl, is the only option the heated pick up like Joat posted?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Antonio
that looks very weird,

looks like that bio is CLEANING more than fuel lines.,

did he give any indication on what type of glue the element is held in with?
what is the base plate made from??

Last edited:

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
It's good to have heat in as much of the fuel system as possible for WVO. With B100 it's mainly at the filter, tho in cold temps some tank heat is desirable, and really cold temps the whole system.

I wouldn't give up on a heated filter. BTW what temp does the current one maintain? Shoud be at least 50 degrees F for B100, but most made for diesel kick in at 32 degrees. Some run the heater hose to the filter housing and wrap it around, but that doesn't help till the engine warms up.

If the B100 is making the heater delaminate, then they should come up with a solution. Biodiesel blends are going to be mandatory in many states before long. Another posibillity may be a control malfuntion allowing the heater to get too hot??? just speculation there

If you add attachments, but don't insert them into the text, then they show up at the bottom in the attachment box. I accidentally found that one out:D :D

Last edited:

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Robert,

I haven't heard from Bob. I talked to his wife and she said he'd want to see the pics and call Baldwin before he talked to me.

Don,

The element is on a manual switch that I turn on whenever below 50 degrees, this morning it was 45F. The restriction gauge goes above 5"/hg when cooler. After the first load of B100 it got down in the 30's, I was glad to have the heater and don't want to get rid of it. I guess it could have gotten too hot, I left it on for about 8 hours when I first got it and forgot about it while at work.

Last edited:

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
The element is on a manual switch that I turn on whenever below 50 degrees, this morning it was 45F. The restriction gauge goes above 5"/hg when cooler. After the first load of B100 it got down in the 30's, I was glad to have the heater and don't want to get rid of it. I guess it could have gotten too hot, I left it on for about 8 hours when I first got it and forgot about it while at work.

Allied has thermal disc thermostats around $5 in different temps. Could attach one to the housing to regulate the heat some.

Allied page 796, half way down

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Rooster, I patiently waiting for Bob's reply to you. I really want to run the same heated Dahl 100 as you have with a 2 micron filter. I hope it's not related to the solvency of B-100. Bob is a stand up guy. He's served me well in the past. I'm sure once he hears from Baldwin he'll make you whole. At least we're going into summer soon and I know it's hot in Texas. I'll probably get two of the in tank heaters that JOAT posted prior to this winter.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
JOAT said:
Allied has thermal disc thermostats around $5 in different temps. Could attach one to the housing to regulate the heat some.

Allied page 796, half way down

Definitely getting one of those!:sweet

Hheynow,

I'm waiting patiently too. If it is a glue compatibility problem they will have to fix it like JOAT said, biodiesel are blends are going to be mandated soon! But not soon enough.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14