Heater Delamination?

dpantazis

Reaction score
ouch!

antonio-
thats too bad about the dahl filter.

what racor unit are you going with? what gpm throughput for the pump/filter are you using?

dennis

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Dunno yet, got too much reading from Robert to do and orders are getting kinda backed up here at work. :roflmao

on edit I'm looking for something in the 90GPH range. Racor tech said better to be bigger with the B100 than the 60gph I have currently.

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Are you looking for a heated filter set up? I am using one that uses a coil instead of a strip. Screw into the top of the filter head. Heater about 75 bucks, head with filter about 45 bucks.
I will keep looking for the heater kit and the head with filter part numbers...
CarQuest Filter part #'s
86911 Stanadyne FM100 Series (5 Micron)
86912 Stanadyne FM100 Series (30 Micron)
86913 Stanadyne FM100 Series (150 Micron)
From CarQuest made by Stanadyne.
Rick H...

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Dont know but will ask. I am confiddent that the CarQuest I buy from would cover it for me if there was a problem.
Now that I think about it, my BD Drier set up uses a stanadyne spin on and I have run.....
well never mind how much fuel I make ;) through them.
I have never had a problem with the filter.
I cut one open last night just for the heck of it part # 89006 spin on. The element was fine, no signs of any problems, and I know this filter has seen 160 deg f.
So from that experience, I would say the filters will not be a problem, but I will still ask.
Rick H...

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I am not sure its the filter media thats the issue, more on the lines of the glues used to pull it all together.
seems some epoxies and poly resins have an issue with things that are natural :confused: high detergent/solvent.

I was shocked that dahl felt the price to make theirs bio friendly was not worth pursuing at this time, :confused:
when racor practically jumped out in front of traffic to lets us know they are 100% B100 friendly. Overly helpful when I called em. :hail

Stanadyne, i would be very surprised if they are not bio friendly. ;)

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14