Help me pick a tire....BFG MT KM2, ATKOE, TOYO AT, MICH LTX M/S....others?

Pick new shoes for the fat girl:

• BFGoodrich MT KM2

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • BFGoodrich AT KO

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Toyo AT

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Michelin LTX

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters

paulkeith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so...help me pick a tire. I got something like 20k miles out of the set of mastercraft courser at2s i put on last march, with a lot of chunking to boot. file those away under tires i'll never buy again.

So, I'm sticking with the 285/75 variety, but having trouble deciding if I should go baller with an MT, or keep it sensible and get a 'road' tire. I've narrowed it ( I think) to:

BFGoodrich MT KM2

BFGoodrich AT KO

Toyo AT

Michelin LTX M/S

or...some other suggestions? Price on the Toyo MT is outrageous, otherwise I'd be considering it too.

Has anyone run through a set of KM2s? What kind of mileage are they generating on PSDs?

Thanks,
Paul

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting the BFGoodrich AT KO,It's a hard rubber and should last longer.

JRJ04

Reaction score
i've had 2 sets of the bfg a/t's. got about 40k out of each and really had trouble keeping them balanced. when they start to wear they get pretty loud, the ride gets rough, and it shakes like hell when you hit the brakes.

the michelen ltx m/s is by far a superior tire to all of those, but i went with the goodyear wrangler silent armor just a few months ago. i've got about 5k on them and they have been wonderful! much quieter on the road, smoother ride, and off-road capability looks to be comparable to bfg a/t's. the wet traction is also superior to bfg's as well

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
BFG's always did an awesome job for me. Out of 3 sets I used on my F350, I averaged close to 50,000 miles per set.

I put Michelin LTX M/S on the wife's Expedition and they ride and perform very well, but I prefer the BFG's on the Superduty

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing to is get the right load range. The truck comes from the builder with E,F load range. If you put D or less they will burn out sooner because the weight of your truck.

jimmypage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the procomp extreme at's and love them defiantly would by another set

atk

Reaction score
i always had good luck with BFG`s AT`s. i also have used the Michelin LTX`s with good results, but i found the BFG`S to be a better tire in the winter....

pete37922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have Cooper STTs...only about 5k miles but luv them so far !!!

paulkeith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i always had good luck with BFG`s AT`s. i also have used the Michelin LTX`s with good results, but i found the BFG`S to be a better tire in the winter....

so in that case, given the complete absence of "winter" in georgia....

it gets "cold," by which i mean in the 20s, and rains sometimes.

atk

Reaction score
so in that case, given the complete absence of "winter" in georgia....

it gets "cold," by which i mean in the 20s, and rains sometimes.

depending on the type of driving you do?....if you do alot of highway driving, probaly the michelins would be the best bet. also, the more aggressive you go, the more tire wear. the BFG`s AT, i find to be a good all round tire and if you go with load range "E", you will get a little better tire wear then with load range "D"....:2c...hope this helps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58