Help! Where do I put the egt probe?

skyhawk1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Update on where I stand with my pyro gauge. Got another new gauge and still the same problem. Ordered another pyro probe but it's on back order. A friend that's a mulitmeter pro came down and we did a little trouble shooting. Turns out the probe has a dead ground with the shield on the red and yellow wires. We broke the metal tap down near the probe end about 1/2 inch above the connection on the probe and it worked fine. Held my Zippo on it and watched it work! Anyway, we pretty well destroyed the thing so I'm waiting on a new probe/sending unit. Thanks to everyone for the help.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
absolutely PERFECT work there skyhawk...glad you got it resolved...and
i bet you had some fun watching the multimeter count from the
zippo-ing of the probe !

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
bushpilot said:
absolutely PERFECT work there skyhawk...glad you got it resolved...and
i bet you had some fun watching the multimeter count from the
zippo-ing of the probe !
Seems like they should sell these things for women. I'd sooner look at a gauge on her than have to figure out her mood on my own. Maybe a Wife-o-meter? :roflmao

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
F350DRW1 said:
Seems like they should sell these things for women. I'd sooner look at a gauge on her than have to figure out her mood on my own. Maybe a Wife-o-meter? :roflmao
would that be wired pre or post PMS :roflmao :roflmao

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shoot, looks like I was a day late and a dollar short on this one. I could have helped out but have been spending so much time at work, not by choice of course. Electronics troubleshooting is my middle name. A multi-meter is useless if you don't know how to use it. I recommend before doing anything with electronics that you learn how to use a multi-meter and proper stripping and crimping of wires. It will save alot of time in the end. If you have any electronics questions feel free to ask. I've got more resources than you can imagine.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
would that be wired pre or post PMS :roflmao :roflmao
The cycles of the moon in relation to the tide are easier to figure out. 20 years into it and its still like giving a left-handed chinaman a banjo lesson.

skyhawk1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm back, does anyone know where I can get just the pyro probe kit for my Autometer Pyro gauge? I just got off the phone with the guy I got the gauges from, he told me he's having trouble locating the probe. I need to get this project finished! I found one site here on the internet that wanted something like 122 bucks just for the probe kit! I think that's a little steep since I got the gauge with the probe kit for only $60.00 to start with. Thanks in advance. Skyhawk1

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
although I do NOT like the customer service department at autometer, you might call them and see what they offer. They are a pissy bunch though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14