Holy Goodyear Bat Man..... How fst do you Go...

How often do you exceed 100mph

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
milner351 said:
You've got to be kidding me!
My truck has a zf5 and 4.10 gears, I don't think I can go 100 without pushing the RPMs to a place I'd not like to see them go.
I think I've only been over 80mph once or twice.

i consistantly run my RPMs up into the red zone and bounceing off the rev limiter everyday.havent hurt nothing yet.:D but then again that is what the truck was built for :burnit

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I'm with rusty
we only go 100 if we have all the windows down, no seatbelts ten folks in the bed to hold her down, a cooler of beer and the driver hanging out the window catching bugs.
plus hook up the rv for stability. but leave the electrical hook up unplugged, who needs brakes :eek: :eek:
can never be to safe in a 8700lb land yacht

F350CCFX4

Smokin Bye
Reaction score
Well, with the state speed limit at 70mph in MN it doesn't take long to get over 100 if you just step down on it. Doesn't hit OD until 120 and when I feel that shift I know I am going too fast and need to back off. Don't have time to look down at the SPDoMeter going that fast, so just wait for the shift and know.

It's crazy to do and it doesn't happen that often especially with MN being able to take your license on the spot now for anything 100 or more.

When I lived in NE with the speed limit at 75mph on the interstate it was nothing to hit 100 getting on the interstate from the on ramp just so you didn't get ran over trying to get on.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
kinna hard to answer this one...

I usually run 5-9 over unless I'm late or in a hurry (often enough)
But I did take the SuperDuty past 100 once, (speed limiter removed) all I remember is when the needle hits the little peg at 105? 110? the odometer goes to 88888888 and the needle goes back to 0. Definetely too fast. Got a neat little thrill in my stomach when the speedometer did that, let off on the fuel pretty quick. Once was enough for me.:D
Had the Windstar up to 120 a time or two :rolleyes:

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Does 130MPH on 37" SSR's chasing a Ferrari on a Tulsa Highway count?

Oh wait, that was a dream, nevermind :D or was it? :burnit

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
LOL, my dreams latley have be about 2008 Super Duty Trucks.

Something must be wrong with me! :D

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Big K said:
LOL, my dreams latley have be about 2008 Super Duty Trucks.

Something must be wrong with me! :D

you are very normal, i dream about my truck alot and things i would like to do to it to improve it.

WOW, i must be sick, your supposed to dream about girls and stuff like that, and i dream about my superduty. :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

BBBxcursion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not yet found out when the truck stops pulling, I guess it's a diesel thing..........

Bride-O-Stien

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
BBBxcursion said:
I have not yet found out when the truck stops pulling, I guess it's a diesel thing..........

3750 rpms unless you have big oil... with 235 75 16's State patrol said thats 131... BTW this is Frankenstien.... not Mama typing... just using her machine :burnit

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58