rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"-instantly stopped accelerating
-for about 3 seconds I had NO throttle response
-all dash lights came on
-wait to start light stayed lit for 3-4 seconds
-the engine didn't DIE because I didn't have to restart it"

I've had the same symptoms happen to me but I didn't floor it either of the times it has happened. It has happned cruising down the road and going over train tracks. I posted a thread months ago about that and I THINK it was tailgunner who highly suggested the cps. I also had my cps recall done last year and I replaced it myself last month. I never had problems with my truck cutting out untill they put the new cps in.

mark6403av

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree Ford recalled all them trucks for the new a great CPS sensor they look cheep. They for sure drop the price from I think a 100 to 40. I still have a few old style ones and no problems. My recall they just gave me the sensor I didn't want it put in. It's behind the seat.

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, I'll take the truck into Ford and have them run it for open recalls.

Mark6403av, I have kind of a hard time reading your posts, takes a couple time re-reading it to understand what's being said. No offense, just put in some punctuation.

Rammertide, did you say you didn't have problems with it until *after* they installed a new one? So that means that the NEW parts aren't as good as the original ones?
:dunno

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, I'll take the truck into Ford and have them run it for open recalls.

Mark6403av, I have kind of a hard time reading your posts, takes a couple time re-reading it to understand what's being said. No offense, just put in some punctuation.

Rammertide, did you say you didn't have problems with it until *after* they installed a new one? So that means that the NEW parts aren't as good as the original ones?
:dunno

From what I have heard, the Black cps's had a stronger magnet on them and some were "lemons". I've seen a video on youtube of a guy test the strengths of the Black and Gray CPS and the Black CPS pick up metal objects that the Gray could not. Whether the Black CPS was too strong:dunno...not sure what the engineers said was the exact problem.

And yes...I never had a problem with my truck cutting out untill about 6 months AFTER Ford put the new CPS in.

JRJ04

Reaction score
i bought a black borg warner one at o'rileys for about 20 bucks. put it in, and my truck passed balancing and contribution tests that it had previously failed.

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, great info guys. Thanks to all!

Ok so, with the all talk about the CPS, which one is better? Grey? Black?

Also..where's this sensor located? (in case I *do* get gutsy and attempt to replace it myself)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14