Hope to SEE Ya'll Tomorrow

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Low rider... Looks strange with those small tires.

Dave

car.gif

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And these wheels will be going back on.
The wood blocks under the tires is to raise the truck high enough to put a jack under the designated spot.

wouldnt it be cheaper and easier to buy a COVER and leave the
truck outside <like it probably is the other 9 months of the year>

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wouldnt it be cheaper and easier to buy a COVER and leave the
truck outside <like it probably is the other 9 months of the year>

Hey Bush;

I have been keeping it under a carport. I do have a truck cover. The only reason it is going in the garage, is because I will be down because of surgery for three months. If I left it in the carport with the cover on it, we sometimes get wind gusts of 70 mph, which is not good to have a cover on a vehicle in extreme winds, (not good for the paint). Leaving it under the carport without the cover, exposes it to dust, leaves, spiders, bird droppings etc.
So, I put on the small tires, drive it into the garage, cover it with the truck cover, and wait until I can walk again so I can bring it out and drive it.
This is the last hip replacement, so this should be the last time I have to do this. The truck is to tall to go into the garage with the stock tires. :)

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, i was wondering....im just as bad...motorcycles covered, in
the garage...

best to you w/ your surgery.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been told, that due to the curvature of my lenses, I can't have Lasik or wear contacts, so I'm stuck with glasses. I have thought about checking into the crystal lens surgery though. With that, the word is that a person never has cataracts. I'll have to do LOTS of research though. I'm a bit skittish when it comes to working on the eyes.

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to do LOTS of research though. I'm a bit skittish when it comes to working on the eyes.

Ditto--even though I'm eligible for LASIK, there are only two eye hospitals in the world I would feel safe going to (Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia and Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore) since they're pretty consistently #2 and #1 in the country, respectively. I'm going to wait for a couple years since if I am fortunate enough to go to med school, my eyes will undoubtedly get worse and I'd rather wait until after they're done changing instead of getting laser'ed and then having to go back in a few years

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Max, with those little tires, you could always put the hydraulics on it like Bama's picture and make it jump up and down. :D

Just kidding. The little tires are a good idea for your situation, I would never have thought about doing that. Hope the hip surgery goes okay.

I go in for surgery on September 5th. So I will be putting on the tires around September 1st. I will take some pictures and post them.
My wife came out of the cataract surgery with flying colors. Her operated eye which was her worst eye is now her best. Doctor said that her eye should stabilize in one week. Today, one day after surgery, her eye is still dilated, and she can see 20-30. Doctor said that it should be at its best in one week.
If you have cataracts, they have new lens that allow you to see distance and close up without glasses. Seven years ago, I had both lenses replaced due to cataracts and now I still see 20-20. I just need glasses to read.

Thanks for the encouragement on the surgery. I am starting to get the jitters. The first two weeks is pure hell. After that, it just takes time to heal up all the cut and stretched muscles. The leg acts like a loose string, until the muscles heal. At least after the first two weeks, the pain is gone.:fogey

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
If you are getting cataract surgery, they have some new lens that are in .25 increments. Older lens were in .50 increments. Some patients with the new lens are seeing 20-15 and 20-10. I will let you know how wife does in a couple of days, she has the new improved lens.
Modern medicine is great.
My right hip replacement like my left, will be "hip resurfacing" much better than old system.
Children born today will see great medical breakthroughs in their lifetime.

WOW that is just to fantastic, good to hear its going good for the MRS.

sort of reminds me of the movie bicentennial man with robin willimas

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg